SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

2nd MVP in the house - SageMC doesn't work?

Hi, I finally got my second MVP (they were out of stock for a long time).

I works fine with the default Sage SVT, but I am used to the SageMC look on the other MVP - and so is my wife.
So I thought I could just load the same xml as I did with my first MVP and be done with it, but no...

When I load the xml I get to a SageMC screen, but it looks like the My Menu screen with a couple of weird options and none seem to work. I can point at the items, but pressing OK on the remote doesn't do anything.
The TV button works and gets me to live TV, navigation sort of works, although not all buttons work like I am used to (I changed a couple), but hitting the Home button takes me to the weird screen again and I can't do what I want to (like going to Setup for instance).

What am I doing wrong? I would rather just have the 2nd MVP look and act exactly like the other one - can I copy something so this one will use the same SVT, settings, remote control commands?

Thanks,
Old 08-01-2007, 04:19 AM
Sage Icon

Find its entry in the clients folder under SageTV, it is named after its MAC address IIRC. Delete the MVP's folder and restart the MVP, it will be recreated from the default. You could try copying all the files from the other MVP's clients folder, see if that gives all the same settings. If anything goes wrong you can always just delete it again.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients