SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Favourite not being recorded. No conflicts showing.

This is a problem with 6.2.4, but I haven't seen a relevant change for 6.2.5 and haven't had the time to upgrade yet.

Has anyone else had problems with a favorite not being recorded even though there aren't any conflicts in the EPG? Currently Sage is down to record Friends on one of my tuners (which isn't even a favorite) and not the Daily Show, which is. There is even a free tuner at the time, which it isn't due to use!

The description for the Daily Show doesn't change day to day, which may be a problem - sometimes it shows up as watched when it isn't, but this show isn't showing up as watched.

Hopefully these programs will go away once I move over to XMLTV as a program data source, but doing so is painful, so I am not going to do it until at least this weekend...
Old 08-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Administrator

The first thing I would do is check this FAQ to see if any of those reasons not to record a Fav apply. Also, don't forget: if the show was scheduled to record a different airing of that episode, there will be no conflict generated.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

It could well be that there is another airing of the same show that is being recorded, but it is difficult to tell. It would be nice if the UI would indicate that it is recording the program at a different time.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The first thing I would do is check this FAQ to see if any of those reasons not to record a Fav apply. Also, don't forget: if the show was scheduled to record a different airing of that episode, there will be no conflict generated.
The list of possible reasons why a favorite might not be recorded is helpful, but SageTV knows why it won't record a favorite. Currently that reason is locked away somewhere inside the Sage internals.

I briefly looked over the API documentation, and although it appears that you can get information about the upcoming Airings that match each Favorite, and a list of the upcoming Recordings, I didn't see a way to determine the reason that an Airing wouldn't be recorded if it is a Favorite.

Perhaps someone more familiar with the API could chime in here to clarify. Or if that information currently isn't exposed in the API, perhaps it could be in the future? That way, someone could create a plugin to display it so the reason a Favorite won't be recorded could be listed for each Airing.

--John
Old 08-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwegas View Post
Or if that information currently isn't exposed in the API, perhaps it could be in the future? That way, someone could create a plugin to display it so the reason a Favorite won't be recorded could be listed for each Airing.
Just FYI, I sent in a support request about this, requesting that it be added to the API in the future as an enhancement.

--John
Old 08-05-2007, 04:58 AM
SageTVaholic

In particular the Daily Show runs at 11 PM EDT and again at 8 PM EDT the next day. However, because you said you would be switching to XMLTV, I assume you aren't in the United States.

Sometimes there are issues with data sources where they don't correctly change the show ID. This would cause the show to be considered previously viewed.

Lastly, I am not a regular watcher of the show, but is he running reruns this time of year?

B
Old 08-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
...the Daily Show ...
Lastly, I am not a regular watcher of the show, but is he running reruns this time of year?
It seems to be on for a week or two then off for a week or two with repeats filling in the gaps. In the UK we get the shows a day after they air in the US.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Sage Expert

Here's a good example of where I see wierdness:

I have three "Scrubs" favorites, in this priority order:

Scrubs, First Runs and ReRuns, Channel WRCDT, Autodelete: No, Keep: All
Scrubs, First Runs, Any Channel, Autodelete: No, Keep: All
Scrubs, ReRuns, Any Channel, Autodelete: Yes, Keep: 10

Human translation:
1. Record and save forever all HD Scrubs broadcasts (WRCDT is the HD channel)
2. Record and save forever all First Run Scrubs broadcasts on any channel (really only the analog channel WRC because only it plays First Run episodes, but I set "Any" instead)
3. Record and save the last 10 of ReRun Scrubs

Result:
So tomorrow it's set to record Scrubs at 9:30 on the analog tuner ONLY. (Same show plays on analog and HD channels at the same time)

This seems wrong to me because:
- This episode is NOT in any of my current recordings already (so Sage shouldn't be ignoring it)
- This episode is NOT playing again within the next two weeks (so Sage isn't recording it at another time - which shouldn't matter anyway because there is no conflict on this tuner during this time)
- Scrubs is playing on the HD channel at 9:30, and nothing else is set to record on the HD tuner, so #1 should trigger a recording (Note: merit for HD tuner is 1, analog tuners are set to merit 0)
- The episode of Scrubs is NOT a new espisode, so #2 should NOT trigger a recording

Here's the wierd part:
If I change rules #2 and #3 from "Any" to "Channel 3" (which NEVER plays Scrubs), rule #1 WILL be triggered.

It appears that the common "Scrubs ReRun" match, which applies in this case to both #1 and #3, might be confusing things somehow, but in that case, shouldn't the higher priority item be recorded?

--John
Old 08-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwegas View Post
Here's a good example of where I see wierdness:

I have three "Scrubs" favorites, in this priority order:

Scrubs, First Runs and ReRuns, Channel WRCDT, Autodelete: No, Keep: All
Scrubs, First Runs, Any Channel, Autodelete: No, Keep: All
Scrubs, ReRuns, Any Channel, Autodelete: Yes, Keep: 10

Human translation:
1. Record and save forever all HD Scrubs broadcasts (WRCDT is the HD channel)
2. Record and save forever all First Run Scrubs broadcasts on any channel (really only the analog channel WRC because only it plays First Run episodes, but I set "Any" instead)
3. Record and save the last 10 of ReRun Scrubs

<snip>

- The episode of Scrubs is NOT a new espisode, so #2 should NOT trigger a recording
Just to clarify, it's not Favorite #2 that is triggering the recording on the analog channel, it's Favorite #3.

But why is Favorite #3 is triggering the analog broadcast to record instead of the HD broadcast defined in #1?

--John
Old 08-23-2007, 01:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

I actually have a bug open now because I had a program not record last night even though it was a favourite and there was no issue with conflicts - the issue was that the scheduler seemed to have forgotten that it was a favourite. It did have a favourite marker in the EPG last night and is down on my favourite list, but the second episode of it, airing tonight, doesn't have a favourite marker. When you select the show it shows the menu that you expect when you haven't added it as a show to record - i.e. you have a recording options button which allows you to add it as a favourite, when you expect it to bring up favourite options.