SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Sage Icon

Issue with resuming from standby

So my new client is now working great except for one problem. When I put the system into standby, Sage exits full screen mode and goes into the tray. When I wake it back up again, it stays in the tray, which is a pain in the WAF.

Why is it doing this and what I can I do to have it come back from S3 in full screen mode?

I have an MCE remote, so pushing the green button doesn't do anything (to try and run Sage and thereby bring it back into full screen mode). I guess I could mess with HIP but it seems overkill for this, and what I really would like is for it to come up in fullscreen mode the way it was when i suspended it in the first place.

Thanks,
Mike

PS I am running SageMC
Old 08-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

I sure this file is still floating around somewhere.....

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22718
Old 08-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus View Post
I sure this file is still floating around somewhere.....

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22718
Thanks. I had seen that note before, but I am trying for an automated solution where it doesn't go into the tray at all, but maintains full screen and focus.

My next step is to try the hibernator program which was made for MCE. I don't need it's usual set of features, but it can run a program on resume from standby. I'm going to have it run the sagecommand tool, and send Sage a "full screen" command, and hopefully that will bring out of the tray on resume.

Running the sage client executable again doesn't bring it out of the tray, so mapping the green button to the sage client app I don't think will fix anything.

I wish I knew why it retreated to the tray in the first place. I may have to file a bug on this.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-06-2007, 05:18 AM
SageTVaholic

You using FSE?

B

PS - Because you are using SageMC I think there is an option to exit Sage and go to S3 using some external commands. Then use the green button utility from Matrix35 to launch it upon resume.

Last edited by bcjenkins; 08-06-2007 at 05:22 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

I use to have this problem when using FSE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
Running the sage client executable again doesn't bring it out of the tray, so mapping the green button to the sage client app I don't think will fix anything.
But using that utility will, it will bring Sage into focus, call it from the tray, or launch it depending on what state sage is in when you hit the Green button.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Sage Icon

Cool. You are talking about Sagetray?

Anyway, does this get Sage to come back automatically without hitting the green button, or do I need to use something like hibernator to do this to send the green button on resume?

I know this sounds like a nit, but anytime my wife sees the windows desktop instead of SageMC she stops trying to use it, turns it off, and then calls me to complain about how come I replaced the hacked xbox with this. :-(

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-06-2007, 11:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Hibernator sounds cool. I should check it out. Yes, sagetray maps the green button to launch sageclient.exe Unless things have changed, once SageTV loses FSE by minimizing, etc.; you need to re-launch to get it re-enabled appropriately. You are better off exiting SageTV completely upon S3.

B
Old 08-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Hibernator sounds cool. I should check it out. Yes, sagetray maps the green button to launch sageclient.exe Unless things have changed, once SageTV loses FSE by minimizing, etc.; you need to re-launch to get it re-enabled appropriately. You are better off exiting SageTV completely upon S3.

B
FSE still seems to work the times when SageTV comes back from resume, at least in XP.

Restarting SageTV completely on resume is not an option, as on my system it takes a good 20 secs to start from scratch. Too long to maintain good WAF.

It may be the case the intel graphics don't need FSE to work properly, and that this wouldn't work with an nvidia card. But at least for this client if I can get Sage to come back in full screen from resume it works fine.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

You would need something to send the Green Button on resume.

I use a harmony remote programmed as a MCE, so I just added a the Green Button command to the wake/resume/turn on TV command. I also have it set to minimize Sage when I shut off the TV. I was just having to many problems with FSE and Standby.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus View Post
You would need something to send the Green Button on resume.

I use a harmony remote programmed as a MCE, so I just added a the Green Button command to the wake/resume/turn on TV command. I also have it set to minimize Sage when I shut off the TV. I was just having to many problems with FSE and Standby.
That's a good point - I use a harmony as well, so I guess I could have it send "start" to Sage as well. Does the start still work if you hit the system quickly after resume starts? Sometimes XP ignores things when its coming back up.

thanks,
mike
Old 08-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

I haven't had a problem with it, you can alter the order that the commands are sent or set up a delay with the harmony if you have that problem though.