SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Some DVD's hang over MVP

I've got about 500 DVD's ripped to an unRAID server. Mostly I watch them on my PC or laptop, but I also have a wired MVP (connected to a wireless G bridge) that I sometimes use to watch on a television. It works just fine, mostly.

There have been a couple of DVD's that seem to hang over the MVP. And not at the menu or anything. That might make sense that a DVD might have an odd menu structure that confounds the MVP. I'm talking while the film is playing. One specifically recently was Old School. Starts fine, but always just stutters and hangs a few minutes in. (During the wedding reception scene.) I've re-ripped the DVD but that didn't help. The same DVD files play fine through PowerDVD, and they play fine with a Sage client on a PC. Only through the MVP does it hang up. (The whole MVP hangs and must have the power cord pulled to reset it.)

Anyone else experience anything similar? Any ideas? I can live without Old School (LOL) but is this a common issue with the MVP?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Sage User

Hi Fountainhead,

i have also these problems. but by me it hangs completly in some chapters. the time is going forwards but the film and the sound doesnīt ... i canīt watch the dvd.

so i try another ripping software. and all is fine.

i now use CloneDVD, before i used DVDShrink. perhaps DVDShrink is to old for some newer DVDs. i donīt know.

Daniel
Old 09-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah, I'll try another ripper. I'm using Clone DVD but maybe another will work.

Just odd that it happens in the middle of a scene as opposed to a chapter point or the menu.