SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Yep, Thats got the little bleeder working

Now before we get too excited I've also added true to the exclude filter to cut out the general media from this menu. Guess what? It dont work for me...

Heres the lines from the code to which I added true -

<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Family Archive">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\jaminbenpc\\family\\videos")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", true)</evalExpression>

Should this not also work?

Soo close to the finish line now
No, you have to use two filters in your menu file:

- leave the one for the family videos as before, including files from \\\\jaminbenpc\\family\\videos
- add the same lines to the standard 'Movies' menu, but this time excluding files from \\\\jaminbenpc\\family\\videos

This way you create two distinct non-overlapping sets of files.

Dirk
Old 09-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Hmmm, I think you mean something like this -

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.4//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <menu title="Main">
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Movies">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\jaminbenpc\\Movies 2")</evalExpression>
	    <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\jaminbenpc\\Movies 1")</evalExpression>
	    <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\jaminbenpc\\DVD")</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
        <!--                                   -->
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my tv.png" screen="My TV" title="Televison">
            <evalExpression> </evalExpression>
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my tv.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="TV Series">
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\jaminbenpc\\TV Shows")</evalExpression>
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Family Archive">
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\jaminbenpc\\family\\videos")</evalExpression>
       <subMenuItem title="Photographs">
           <menu title="Photographs"/>
       </subMenuItem>

<subMenuItem icon="hover_my explorer.png" title="My Menu">
            <menu title="My Menu">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Google Video" title="Google Video">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="YouTube Video" title="YouTube">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Rss News Feeds -- nielm" title="RSS Feeds">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Video Conversions" title="Video Conversions">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Parental Controls" title="Parental Controls">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Setup Menu" title="Settings">
            </menu>
        </subMenuItem>
    </menu>
</sageMenu>
Obviously this doesnt work correctly as I wouldnt have posted it. However the only filter which does work is the family filter and it doesnt show the family movies only general movies (wrong way round).
You will also have noticed I've added another menu "TV Series", I thought I may as well kill two birds with one stone while I was at it.

jaminben
Old 09-20-2007, 04:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmmm, I think you mean something like this -
Not quite... PathFilterExcludes=true means "dont include files specified in the filter", PathFilterExcludes=false means "show only files specified in the filter".

So the correct one would be

Code:
   <menu title="Main">
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Movies">
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\jaminbenpc\\TV Shows")</evalExpression>
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my tv.png" screen="My TV" title="Televison">
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my tv.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="TV Series">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
1) in the 'Movies' section, exclude all TV Shows and Family Videos
2) in the TV Shows section, include only TV Shows
3) in the Family Videos section, include only Family Videos

There is also an alternative definition which would achieve the same (specifying an include for the Movies), both should work

Dirk
Old 09-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Well flachbar you are a TRUE Sage Icon

It all works as planned

Its getting late here so I've gotta go to bed now, but I'll be playing with the menus some more tomorrow and will let you know how I get on or maybe dont get on

Anyway Thanks so much for the help, and if you lived near me I'd buy you a Beer

Cheers

jaminben
Old 09-20-2007, 04:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well flachbar you are a TRUE Sage Icon

It all works as planned

Its getting late here so I've gotta go to bed now, but I'll be playing with the menus some more tomorrow and will let you know how I get on or maybe dont get on

Anyway Thanks so much for the help, and if you lived near me I'd buy you a Beer

Cheers

jaminben
Glad you got it working

Dirk
Old 07-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I hate to dig up such an old thread but this is exactly what I am trying to do and it isn't working, per these instructions. Are these instructions still accurate or have things changed?

I'll try some other search terms, haven't found any other relevant info yet.

*EDIT*
Digging deep I finally found in the SageMC Tips and Tricks thread that the filter directory had to exactly match the import directory. Case and all. The case was different and it didn't worked..changed it and bam..it's working!
Bedrooms: Toshiba 32" LCD 1080p
Customizations: Pheonix | Web Server

www.jiff.net

Last edited by [JiF]Mike; 07-28-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Sage Icon

Here are a couple of other threads that speak to this:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=105
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40117

hth