SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Best way to get sage to display album covers

Ok - So I've been working on getting album covers associated with all my music (in Sage and iTunes, WMP). I have my music in a artist --> album hierarchy and I now have a cover jpg in each album folder named folder.jpg as below

Also I have made sure that every album shows a cover in iTunes using coverflow and in the bottom right corner of iTunes. After I did this I removed the music import folder from sage, refreshed the import library and left sage alone all night. In the morning (after making sure the music imports were not still in sage) I added the music directory back into sage and refreshed the import directories.

I thought this would give me album covers with all my albums but it doesn't I have a good deal of albums still not displaying covers in sage .

Have I done the recommended procedures? Does anyone know a fool proof way of getting sage to display an album cover? Thanks.

Matt
Old 09-23-2007, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

I use MediaMonkey but also some other programs have the option to store the album cover art in the ID3 tags. That's what I do so I don't even have a folder.jpg or any .jpg in my music folders.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Sage Icon

I also do all my album art in the ID3 tagging, but also have folder.jpg in the folder as well.

Are you sure you have folder.jpg in each folder? Your first example pic shows Houses of the holy.jpg, not folder.jpg.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Administrator

It was already pointed out that the example doesn't show folder.jpg... if the image is named something else, it has to be <song name>.jpg. More details about the three methods of defining album art are explained in the PDF manual, at the bottom of p. 81 for v6.2.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Are you sure you have folder.jpg in each folder? Your first example pic shows Houses of the holy.jpg, not folder.jpg.
Yeah, thats why I showed the picture - should it actually say folder?

Matt
Old 09-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaron1234 View Post
Yeah, thats why I showed the picture - should it actually say folder?
Yes, it would be named folder.jpg. If all the other images were named the same way, then they probably happened to match the name of a song file.

And, in case you were typing at the same time I was & you happened to miss it, see the manual reference I mentioned above.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the help you guys!

Andy - Thanks for the manual reference, I actually gave the manual a once over before posting but didn't see it.

Matt
Old 10-06-2007, 11:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Does using the folder.jpg method work better/faster than the ID3 images? I am really getting frustrated with the slow response in browsing my music library, because it take s a while to get the pictures from the ID3. I have aleays just had WMP add the album art to my files, but if the folder.jpg method if faster (meaning, if it sees the jpg, will it still look atht e id3?) then what is a good program for creating those folder.jpg files?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-07-2007, 12:34 AM
SageTVaholic

I thought wmp just adds the folder art as hidden/system jpg files in the folder, one of which is folder.jpg... I don't believe it actually puts pictures in the ID3 tags...

(at least thats what 'Find album info' in wmp11 does)
Old 10-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Media Monkey puts it in the actual file. Not sure about wmp...