SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-24-2007, 06:14 AM
Sage User

Closed Caption / subtitle problem

I have just installed sage Tv and I am having problems playing back some backuped DVD's on my hard drive. These movies were backuped using clone DVD and are in the file structure with the title in the parent folder and the audio and video files in two seperate sub folders. My problem is when playing the files back I am stuck with closed captioning on the screen. When I go into the Sage settings and turn the CC on it actually appears twice. One set of CC's can be turned off and the other one is always on. When I play the movies with a different viewer such as WinDVD it plays fine. Can anyone help.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Sage Icon

DVDs can have two types of captioning in them, CC and subtitles. I'd bet that you have "subtitles on/off" that you are turning on to get the second set of captions. The other setting would be "captions" that could be set to OFF, CC1, or CC2.

If you don't see the captions option, its probably set to CC1. If you shut down Sage completely, you can modify the cc_option_enabled line in your sage.properties and/or sageclient.properties files to cc_option_enabled=true. That should add the caption option in the pop-up menu where you can set the captions to OFF.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

I to am having this problem. The DVD Subtitles turns on and off just fine, but it seems that what I assume is CC1 or CC2 is stuck constantly on. I could see the option in the "menu" to select CC1, CC2 or OFF and it was set to off. Cycled through them all to be safe, but it never turned off. Checked the properties setting and found it was set to false, so i changed it to true, and nothing has changed. The option is still there, but still constantly close captioned.

Any help?
Old 12-05-2007, 12:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Really??? Nobody else has had this problem, or knows of a solution, or knows what I'm doing wrong?
Old 12-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well... Further research has indicated that it is only stuck on when the DVD decoder is selected to "Default". Which is odd, because when i go through all of the other decoders one by one, they work properly, and one would assume that the "default" has to be one of those but I'm not sure which is selected as default or where it is.

In any event, my current work around is to use a different decoder. The forum has been a load of help.