SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Sage Fanatic

Is there a way for SageTV to prevent DVD movie starting up it own application?

On some older DVD movies there an Activation something appliction that want to install on your PC and would pop up with a windows poking thur SageTV.

I wonder if there a setting on SageTV to prevent this and load it own DVD player instead when a DVD is inserted into the player?

I know that I can force SageTV to be always on top but that will cause unknown open applications running in background eating up the memory until you close windowed or close SageTV to check.

Also I know that autoload for DVD can be disable on XP however I am reading at some sites saying that disabling the DVD/CD autoload hurt XP performance?????

Do you do add or change anything to prevent autoload on your? Just want to get you folks inputs.

Thanks!
Bill
Old 10-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Administrator

You would have to change or disable the DVD/CD autoload feature in Windows, because SageTV has no control over that.

BTW: see p. 236 of the v6.2 PDF manual for a command line parameter you could use to have the Windows autoplay feature tell SageTV to start playing the DVD.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I am reading at some sites saying that disabling the DVD/CD autoload hurt XP performance?????
?! which sites were those?

I always disable CD/DVD auto-load on all my systems -- mainly to stop CD's (eg sony) installing copy-protection crap when I put them in.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
?! which sites were those?

I always disable CD/DVD auto-load on all my systems -- mainly to stop CD's (eg sony) installing copy-protection crap when I put them in.
I believe I read other people post on forum wrong or something. Something about editing registery in older windows which hurt performance not the XP.

I did some more research and that there 2 way to disable autoplay on XP..

One is to use TweakUI and disable the AutoPlay on a drive completely and the other method is to just go to propeteries of the drive and under autoplay that you select the content then choose to take no action.

Curious which method did you go with?

Also I read about saving memory and upping some performance of the XP is to disable the "Windows sound scheme" which I did since it a pure PVR PC system so I saw no reason to have it enable unless SageTV need them??

There one other thing is static page file which I haven't mess with it yet but some site sworn it increase the performance of XP using it.

Bill
Old 10-01-2007, 06:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's a link to the registry entry to edit in case you don't already have it.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/nt/.../rtips28.shtml

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)