SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Linux Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Linux. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Linux should be posted here.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Choppy audio in Linux placeshifter

Hi,

I have an old laptop that I would like to use as a Sage client. It has a Celeron 550MHz so it should be OK for that. I am trying to get the Sage miniclient to work for quite a while now. The video plays back OK (if the timebar shows up the video disappears and it takes a minimize/maximaze cycle to fix). However, the audio is completely chopped up making it impossible to watch anything. The computer seems to be fast enough since it is running with a load of 40% only. Also the network connection seems OK since I tried reducing the network bandwidth requirement in Sage to 1000kb and it still has this issue and the video always plays without any stuttering. I installed xmms to check whether it is just the audio driver but xmms plays music perfectly. So it seems to be some problem with Sage in my setup. I searched the forum but did not find anything related. Does anybody have any clue what is going wrong or experienced a similar issue? Any hint would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas