SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I didn't reply to your post earlier because I wanted to look into it more...
Now I feel guilty, you've been slaving over a hot STV and I've been sitting watching recordings.
Quote:
The malore menu also uses a different default font face -- Verdana for malore vs. Arial just about everywhere else. You could set multimenu_menu_font_face to Arial to see how that looks.
I was looking for properties with a malore prefix. I've change that and the scaling of Arial looks much nicer on my machine.
Quote:
The two mlbdude panes use the same default font size, but they are based on 2 different properties, so you may have changed them at some point -- ui/base_font_size and ui/airing_list_font_size.
You're right, I must have changed them at some stage. But on the flipside, I was able to have 2 different size fonts. On the whole though, it looks better after changing the font to Arial, so probably not a real issue going forward.
Quote:
I added an option to set the Upper Info Area Style: Malore or Standard. When set to Standard mode, the top area displays the first 5 items in the highlighted group or the standard set of info for a highlighted airing.
Thanks, that will save my eyeballs swiveling out of my head.

Once more, thanks Andy, you've addressed all my concerns with the changes you've suggested as a result of this thread on top of the ones you had already mentioned as being in a future update.

During all this I did spot something that could be tweaked. There is a couple of watched text themes called "Bold Italics" that are hard coded for Bold Italics. There are properties to change the style of all the other text (now that I know the special multimenu_menu incantation), but not that one.

John
Old 10-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Sage Icon

In Malore... are the episode ID#s related only to my wiz.bin or are those valid to everyone?

If they are only valid for my install I would preffer them gone, I can't think of a way where I could used that information. Obviously I can see how SageTV uses it.

If they are the public season-episode, it would be nice to see them in that format.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Now I feel guilty, you've been slaving over a hot STV and I've been sitting watching recordings.
Heh... except for reading some of the forum a couple times, I was out with my family all day & only took a few minutes for those tweaks after they all went to sleep.

Quote:
Once more, thanks Andy, you've addressed all my concerns with the changes you've suggested as a result of this thread on top of the ones you had already mentioned as being in a future update.
Great, glad to hear it. I think pretty much everything has been covered now. Oh, wait...

Quote:
During all this I did spot something that could be tweaked. There is a couple of watched text themes called "Bold Italics" that are hard coded for Bold Italics. There are properties to change the style of all the other text (now that I know the special multimenu_menu incantation), but not that one.
That now uses multimenu_menu_watched_font_style.

OK, that's everything so far.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
In Malore... are the episode ID#s related only to my wiz.bin or are those valid to everyone?
They are parts of show ID numbers assigned to the airing by the EPG source; for the built-in EPG data, that would be Zap2it. They are the same for everyone using the same EPG data source, not just your database.

Quote:
If they are only valid for my install I would preffer them gone
I'm glad you make easy requests for things I've already done -- this one was posted here, above.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:56 AM
Sage Icon

Sweet!

Possibly off topic...

I REALLY like the new "options" menu you get when you select a series from the left pane. The only issue I have noticed is the play all, it does as you would expect however it would be nice it if played the unwatched first. As it is now it just plays them in (I am guessing) the same order they are displayed in the right pane. This works well the first time you use it, but if you go back you must rewatch or jump through all you watched before.

Noted and done too?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:22 AM
SageTVaholic

CollinR,

This is easily done if you use the standard STV with Malore.... Just set up an alternate view and set filter to "Not Watched"
Old 10-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I REALLY like the new "options" menu you get when you select a series from the left pane. The only issue I have noticed is the play all, it does as you would expect however it would be nice it if played the unwatched first. As it is now it just plays them in (I am guessing) the same order they are displayed in the right pane. This works well the first time you use it, but if you go back you must rewatch or jump through all you watched before.

Noted and done too?
I was going to say that this one wasn't done, but a way to do it was pointed out above. Plus, you seem to already know you can use Channel Up to skip items in the playlist... but they may get un-watched if you have the option set to reset Watched shows when watched again... so you may want to use the Watched command before using Channel Up.

But, this one isn't something that can be done in another menu either, so it isn't something I'm changing for this topic. (I'll consider it for a future change.) There is already 1 difference, though: the other recordings menus always play all items in a group from the oldest to the newest recording. The malore menu plays the items in the group according to how they are sorted on the screen.

- Andy
Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
CollinR,

This is easily done if you use the standard STV with Malore.... Just set up an alternate view and set filter to "Not Watched"
Opus, IMHO that should be the default!

Instead of having an "alternate 2" with no filtering just make it a "New Recordings" filtered for unwatched.

I think that would kill 2 birds, it will add functionality at the same time display to new users (and no so new ones too ) the major benefits of the new filters and alternate views. This may also do away with the requests for a 0 or 1 alternate view as IMHO thats requested because of the "alternate 2" name without fully exploring how these veiws can be used to our benefit.

(Well thats possibly 3 birds but who is counting.)
Old 11-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Quote:
I think pretty much everything has been covered now.
Thanks Andy, as far as I'm concerned, you do have everything covered. The spirit of the mlbdude menus now inhabits the mlbdude menus rather successfully. Time for the carcass to be put to rest.

Thankyou mlbdude menus, you've served us well.

John
Old 02-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
I'll consider it for a future change.
Just to update this old request... the v6.3.10 beta RC now asks whether to play all videos in a group, or just those not yet watched. If all or none of the videos in the group have been watched, then they are all played w/o asking. (BTW: this is a standard feature, not a hidden extra.)

- Andy
Old 02-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Just to update this old request... the v6.3.10 beta RC now asks whether to play all videos in a group, or just those not yet watched. If all or none of the videos in the group have been watched, then they are all played w/o asking. (BTW: this is a standard feature, not a hidden extra.)

- Andy
Nice!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Sage Icon

Damn Sage is good!

Melore is awesome now as well.