SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Smooth X4 X8 X16 X32 FF/RW?

Does SageTV have a smooth X4 X8 X16 X32 FF/RW? I saw in custom a Smooth FF and RR then assigned a button to it but pressing on it and nothing happens to the recorded shows.

So I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or the smooth ff rr is for DVD only?

Can anyone tell me more about the smooth ff and rw in custom and what it used for?

Thank you
Bill
Old 10-14-2007, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
Does SageTV have a smooth X4 X8 X16 X32 FF/RW? I saw in custom a Smooth FF and RR then assigned a button to it but pressing on it and nothing happens to the recorded shows.

So I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or the smooth ff rr is for DVD only?

Can anyone tell me more about the smooth ff and rw in custom and what it used for?

Thank you
Bill
Only on the MVP! However there is a customization that may simulate the same function here.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Only on the MVP! However there is a customization that may simulate the same function here.

Yeah just found it now. I did some more searching changing my keyword and found a bunch of post on about the ff/rw.

It seem SageTV developer is unable to add such feature due to different codec but then what the smooth ff/rw for in the setup menu? Is that for DVD playback only or?

Bill
Old 10-14-2007, 04:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah just found it now. I did some more searching changing my keyword and found a bunch of post on about the ff/rw.

It seem SageTV developer is unable to add such feature due to different codec but then what the smooth ff/rw for in the setup menu? Is that for DVD playback only or?

Bill
The Smooth ff/rw is for the MVP clients.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
The Smooth ff/rw is for the MVP clients.
Oh I get it now.

Ok sorry I didn't realize that the MVP client use the same setup as the TV set etc. I thought they had their own software and their own setup.

Developer should at least probably mention this or add (MVP only) next to the Smooth FF and RW in that custom remote menu then.

Thank for the reply!
Bill
Old 10-14-2007, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Oh I get it now.

Ok sorry I didn't realize that the MVP client use the same setup as the TV set etc. I thought they had their own software and their own setup.

Developer should at least probably mention this or add (MVP only) next to the Smooth FF and RW in that custom remote menu then.

Thank for the reply!
Bill
I would suggest that directly to SageTV! Sounds like a good idea to me unless they have plans to add it to regular clients in the near future.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
This is already documented in the PDF manual. If you look it up in the list of commands at the end of chapter 5, you'll find the info you already discovered + a little bit more about another situation where it sometimes can be used.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

One thing I don't get thou

If it works for MVP .. why can't it work for PC?

Bill