SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:26 PM

45-button Hauppauge Remote only works for 2 button presses

Fixed
I don't know what happened. I rebooted and for some reason it made me go through the set-up again. After that I still had the same problem so I rebooted again. This time it didn't make me go through the initial setup and it works perfectly!! I don't know how it fixed it but it looks like for some reason my setup didn't take....probably some vista oddity. :-/

original problem

I had SageTV on my home computer and it works GREAT!! Now I am at school and I set it up on my new Vista32 box. I have an EVGA 8800GTS setup with a Hauppauge PVR-150. I am sending the S-video out from my card to my TV and it looks beautiful with SageTV in fullscreen. The problem is SageTV only takes 2 consecutive button presses!!! Let me explain in detail:

Example:
1. I press Guide to get the TV guide.
2. I then press the up arrow twice and it moves up 2 channels. After that it does nothing no matter how many times I press up.
3. I press the down arrow twice and it moves back down 2 channels (to the original channel). After that is does nothing no matter how many times I press down!!
4. If I wait long enough I can go down another 2 channels and then back up (or up 2 channels then back down) but that's it!!
5. If I press "50" it changes to channel 50 on the guide and again I can only go up or down 2 and then back.

Example 2:
1. I am watching ANY channel.
2. I hit volume up 3 times, but it only goes up twice!! No matter how many times I press volume up the volume only goes up twice!
3. I hit volume down 3 times but it only goes back down 2 times!!!

Ecample 3:
1. I am watching TV and decide to channel surf. I press channel up multiple times and it goes up 2 channels. After that it won' go up any more! All I can do is go back down 2 channels to the original channel.
2. Or I can go down 2 channels but no further, then I can go back up 2 channels to the original channel but no further.

The REALLY crazy thing is if I press up twice then I can go back down 2 but no further. If I press down twice I can go back up 2 but no further. The remote is working perfectly with WinTV2000. Help please!!

Example 4 (really crazy):
1. If I go to the menu while watching TV it starts on cancel.
2. I press down twice and wind up on Main Menu.
3. I cannot go down any further UNLESS....
4. If I press right and go to Record This Show
5. I can then go down 2 more to Toggle Full Screen!!!
6. Then I push left and go to Program Guide and I can go down another 2!!!

If this is not clear enough say. Perhaps I can take a small video or explain it better.

Computer Specs:
2.0ghz Core 2 Duo 4400
2ghz DDR2
EVGA 8800GTS 320mb
PVR-150
Sound Blaster Audigy X-Fi

EDIT:
After playing with it, If I am on the TV guide I can only go 2 button presses in ANY direction. Left 2, right 2, up 2 or down2. However, if I go up 2 then right one, I can go up 2 again. After 2 moves in the same direction if I move one space in a perpenicular direction I can then move another 2 in the original direction.

In other words:
up 2
right 1 (or 2)
then up 2 more

or
right 2
then up 1 (or 2)
then right 2 more

Edit 2:
I just found something else.....

If I go down 2, then up one I can go down 2 more. So to search through channels I have to press:
down
down
up
down
down
up
down
down

Last edited by Lazy8s; 10-18-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Are you using the Hauppauge IR receiver, or some other IR receiver, like the USB-UIRT?

Is SageTV configured for the proper remote in Detailed Setup -> Commands? Is SageTV set top use a language other than English?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:01 PM

I am using the Hauppauge receiver that came with the PVR-150

Sage TV says it's configured for the 45-button Hauppauge remote when I run the setup wizard

SageTV is definately in English
Old 10-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Administrator

You had SageTV configure support for the Hauppauge remote when you installed SageTV?

I don't know what would cause this. I remembered an older topic with the same symptoms, but I don't know what happened... the person said it just started working. Maybe there is some interaction with the Hauppauge remote & Vista, if you are using Vista.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.