SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-20-2007, 12:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

original air date

In addition to the basic show info (date recorded, channel, time), is there a way to get Sage to tell me the original air date of a recorded show I'm playing back?

Also, in using the MVP extender, I have to look twice at some of the screens to see where the screen cursor (what's a better name for it?) is so I can arrow to where I want to be. Is there a hack that changes the skin so it's easier to see where the screen cursor is?

thanx.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilded07 View Post
In addition to the basic show info (date recorded, channel, time), is there a way to get Sage to tell me the original air date of a recorded show I'm playing back?

Also, in using the MVP extender, I have to look twice at some of the screens to see where the screen cursor (what's a better name for it?) is so I can arrow to where I want to be. Is there a hack that changes the skin so it's easier to see where the screen cursor is?

thanx.
While playing, you can pull up the detailed info screen which shows the original air date (if the show has it associated with it). You could also use the malore menu styles in the hidden options, and sort by original air date which would show it before you click on it.

As far as changing the background, version 6.2 introduced themes, which you can use to skin the default UI.

Stu
Old 10-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

I don't think I asked my question very well...let me try again. I have the trial version downloaded and it is working as advertised. I'm a 3+ year Beyond TV user. When you press enter while watching a recorded show, BTV has the ability to show both 1) the original air date of a show; and 2) the date you recorded the episode you're currently watching. For example, I record Two and a half men on channel 5 (new & rerun episodes on CBS) and reruns on channels 3 and 61 (cable channels w/ older episodes) and I want to see if it the episode I'm watching was from the 2004 or 2005 season. If the original air date and the date recorded are the same, I know it's a brand new episode. Sometimes networks will show previously aired episodes too. Since sitcoms are often in syndication on cable channels at the same time the networks are airing new, current season episodes, the original air date feature is interesting to me. The original air date also shows on my Directv guide and I'm using Sage to serial tune my Directv set top box. So I believe the info is available, I just don't know if Sage will pick it up and show it on the screen along w/ the date the show was recorded by Sage.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

As Stu said, the information you want is on the Recording Detail screen, which you can get to in various ways. From the SageTV Recordings list, select the show you want and choose View Recording Detail from the popup menu. During playback, hit the Options button on your remote (or Esc on the keyboard, or right-click your mouse) and choose Detailed Info from the popup.

Note that you can also tell first runs from reruns by the blue "1" icon in the SageTV Recordings list.

If you're asking how to customize Sage so that information appears on the OSD during playback, I don't know of an existing customization that does that, but you could try checking the Downloads area or asking in the Customizations forum.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

I found it. In following the trend of Sage features vs Beyond TV features...not nearly as user friendly and convenient as Beyond TV's but it's there and it works.

thanx.