SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Sage User

HD QAM Tuners

I'm trying out SageTV demo right now and so far so good. But, I ran into an issue with HD channels. Funny, because I wasn't even yet ready to try out the HD channels since I don't have an HD tuner yet. Right now, still just have an analog PVR-150 I think.

Anyays, I set some shows to tape by setting up favorites and searching. The favorite got added and it recorded. But it decided to record it from an HD channel which I don't get yet and it looks like the PVR150 just switched to the highest channel it could get, the scifi. No biggie, my bad. I had chosen Orlando BrightHouse Digital when setting up SageTV.

So to the point. It tried to record the channel from a network HD channel, 1020. That's where my Brighthouse HD channels are when I access them through my Brighthouse HD DVR. But, I also have a Vizio tv with built in digital QAM tuner and it's displaying HD channels like subchannels, 4.1, 4.2, 6.1, etc.

If I purchase an HDHomeRun, where will the HD channels be? Do I still choose Brighthouse Digital when setting up SageTV or choose the non-digital? Will the HDs be subchannels or channels in the 1000s?
Old 10-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Sage Icon

If you are recording analog cablle of the 150 via straight coax, you need to use the non-digital lineup. Or else, disable all the digital channel (they usually start somewhere around 75-100).

With the 150 set to the non-digital, when you set up a HDHR, you'd then use the digital lineup. As part of the setup of hte HDHR, you'll do some remapping of the channels, so don't worry about it. They'll appear in the EPG as channels in the 1000's for you.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfirst View Post
Anyays, I set some shows to tape by setting up favorites and searching. The favorite got added and it recorded. But it decided to record it from an HD channel which I don't get yet and it looks like the PVR150 just switched to the highest channel it could get, the scifi. No biggie, my bad. I had chosen Orlando BrightHouse Digital when setting up SageTV.
Looks like you enabled the DIGITAL lineup, and also kept all of your channels ENABLED. SageTV saw that the programs was available in both HD and SD formats and HD has priority.

To correct this you can either 1) Disable the unusable channels in "Setup Video Sources', or; 2) Reconfigure the Tuner to use the non-digital EPG lineup (Select the Tuner, remove it, add it back in and select a cable lineup that doesn't have the word 'digital' in it). You'll need to use option #2 when you add an HDHR to avoid other conflicts.

Quote:
But, I also have a Vizio tv with built in digital QAM tuner and it's displaying HD channels like subchannels, 4.1, 4.2, 6.1, etc.

If I purchase an HDHomeRun, where will the HD channels be? Do I still choose Brighthouse Digital when setting up SageTV or choose the non-digital? Will the HDs be subchannels or channels in the 1000s?
Channels like 4.1, 4.2, 6.1 can be remapped to match your Cable Lineup. The HDHR Software has an included utility to do just that, so you can use your familiar cable lineup channel numbers in the EPG.

ke6guj beat me to the response.

Last edited by Conejo; 10-21-2007 at 02:07 PM.