SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Sage User

Unhappy How do I move MVP licenses to a new server?

I've been using a Windows box for a few years as my server, but I'm now setting up a new Mac to serve Sage (and hopefully integrate nicely with itunes, iphoto, etc). If all goes well, I will register the Mac Server.

I'm going to keep the Windows box as an encoding server that feeds the Mac.

I have four MVP licenses that I need to move from the Windows server to the Mac server. It seems that I need to use the "Unregister" utility to take the licenses off the old server and the "Register" utility to place them on the new server.

Problem is - these utilities tell me that I have 4 licenses, but they don't list them so that I can select them. I am asked to type them in, but it's been years and I don't seem to have these written down anywhere. I can't seem to find where in the Sage system or directories that these licenses are listed so that I can type them into the utilities to unregister and register.

This is probably something obvious that I'm overlooking, but I seem to be stuck.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Sage User

Found them!

Sorry to bother everyone. I found a really old, dusty, faded email from a time long ago with my license keys. I'll give those a try. I thought it would be something obvious that I was overlooking.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

One thing I do with downloaded software is to create a text file called "keys.txt" or similar in the folder where I saved the downloaded file. Copy the emailed key and/or name into the file and I never need to worry about finding or losing the email containing the license key.