SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:04 PM

MCE remote and wireless mouse & keyboard

I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse as well as an MCE remote control that came with a Hauppauge 150 MCE. when I set the remote control to MCE rather than the "45 button Hauppauge" in Sage(V6), I cannot use the Sage interface. When I click on anything in the UI, it dims and starts flashing and clicking on buttons causes the UI to temporarily flash the selected screen then drop back to the previous menu.
selecting the 45 button Hauppauge allows me to use both remote and keyboard and mouse ok but not all the buttons on the remote function correctly. I have the latest drivers for the remote and for intellipoint drivers etc.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickluckwell View Post
when I set the remote control to MCE rather than the "45 button Hauppauge" in Sage(V6), I cannot use the Sage interface. When I click on anything in the UI, it dims and starts flashing and clicking on buttons causes the UI to temporarily flash the selected screen then drop back to the previous menu.
You can try my software (see signature), it should let you use the remote within SageTV (you'll need to create a profile) and also you'll be able to use the blaster within SageTV.
Quote:
selecting the 45 button Hauppauge allows me to use both remote and keyboard and mouse ok but not all the buttons on the remote function correctly.
That's because the "45 buttons remote" is not the remote you have, and it is exactly the same as selection no remote at all. As the MCE remote is like a keyboard for most of the key some of them work in SageTV. With my application it should be easy to customize the buttons that doesn't work within SageTV

Though, I admit that SageTV should work natively with the MCE Remote without freaking out like this.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:47 PM

MCE remote and Wirless mouse & Keyboard

Thanks for the reply, but re-reading the post I didnt make it very clear.
The problem is probably a conflict between the wireless mouse / keyboard drivers and the Sage MCE remote control driver. If I unplug the mouse / keyboard and use a standard ones I dont get the problem and I dont get the problem when I use the 45 button driver. Just wandering if anyone else has come across this same problem, or if there is a patch for it ?
Old 11-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickluckwell View Post
The problem is probably a conflict between the wireless mouse / keyboard drivers and the Sage MCE remote control driver .../... I dont get the problem when I use the 45 button driver.
There is no such thing as the Sage MCE driver and 45 button driver. Either you tell SageTV that you'll use a MCE Remote or a 45 buttons Hauppauge remote.

What happens is:

* SageTV set to MCE Remote : SageTV will listen to specific messages sent by the MCE Remote

* SageTV set to Hauppauge Remote : SageTV will expect specific keyboard shortcuts to be sent.

So my previous advice still stand : download my software (it will not mess anything up in your system) and try to use it with SageTV (SageTV set to use no remote)

Regards,
Stéphane.