SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:11 AM
Sage Expert

Auto-compression of favorites built into the default STV. I still cannot seem to get the plugin to work on the Mac version of the server...
2x HDHR, all OTA
QNAP TS-809:
12.5 TB for Recordings/Imports/TimeMachine/Music
HD200 via 802.11n in Living Room
802.11n client in bedroom
Old 09-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandor View Post
Auto-compression of favorites built into the default STV. I still cannot seem to get the plugin to work on the Mac version of the server...
I've not seen any problem reports with running on a Mac. If you post your problem in the Auto-Compression thread maybe we can get it working for you.

John
Old 09-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

It would be nice for Sage to look at the most popular customizations/add ons and put them in as straight forward enable/disable options, if you look through them, while it may not be brain surgery, a basic HT user would NEVER be able to trouble shoot and jump through the hoops necessary to get most of them up. I would imagine Sage is aiming as most do to the mainstream market.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Sage Icon

Repeat:

Eliminate pixelation when doing FF/RW on standard def Hauppauge MVP.

Pixelation doesn't happen with Hauppauge's software so it is doable.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

PDA access

I would love to be able to access Sage from my pda like a client most likely this will never happen but would be great because then i can be any where in my house or around my house like at the park with my kids and just acess it with ease of not having to convert files over or anything would be great since i dont want to carry around a laptop but i can allways dream
Old 09-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Sage Expert

Circular menus

The dialogs which popup in sage takes too many clicks to complete especially on remote control. Basically I have only an option to ho down or sometimes right to get to the item I want and some of the dialogs have many options and it takes forever to do what I want.
I would love to see something similar to circular menus. When I click on item, the popup dialog which appears would be circular.

The most likely option would be in the center of the cycle -> 1 click to complete (select)
The second most likely options would be in the circle around it -> 2 clicks to complete (up/down/left/right + select)
and so on
Old 09-29-2008, 02:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,
Any chance of an option to convert video to Nintendo DS format.
Thanks,
David
Old 09-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

How about adding an "auto" option/flag for "quick_menu_sizes=" to automatically resize the SageTV window depending on the source?

Thanks...
Old 10-01-2008, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

How about get Placeshifter and Convert working with H.263 files. Have a version of Placeshifter that will work with a browser as a front end so devices like iPhones, Blackberries, Pocket PCs, etc. can watch content streamed from Sage.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:20 PM

You know what would be really cool......CUDA intergration for transcoding

We just got through intergrating CUDA (nVidia's free graphics processing engine) into a app of ours that use to use the cpu for custom media encoding
to our own custom file format.....a full raw 2.5Hr, 8 Gb DVD use to take about 2Hr - 3Hr to encode to our custom format...

...after implementing CUDA....it takes about :17 mins. And this is with a cheap board too.

Think about this engine forall the transcoding efforts that SAGETV does
on the fly.

Of course, to take advantage of this, the machine needs a CUDA specific
graphics board...but there are tons of them...and some are prttey cheap too.

/*
completely unrelated:
Would be nice to be able to use a wireless mouse and keyboard in the hd100 unit.
*/
Old 10-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Sage Expert

Cuda for transcoding and better parental controls or per user login environment controls that extend to the extender are the big 2 for me (along with getting the extender to properly and reliably play back all blu-ray rips which is finishing an existing feature.)

Thanks
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 10-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Video Sources / Channels / Extenders

I would like to see the ability to restrict video sources and channels to individual extenders.

Also when setting up favorites the ability to restict the recordings to a specific tuner or tuners.

Rich
Old 10-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

How about adding support for extended displays? Specifically, for the tiny LCD touchscreens built into many HTPC's. Perhaps display time, the guide info for the channel you are watching, and the full Sage menus when you are not watching video. That way you do not have to turn on the television to check weather, listen to MP3's, etc.

The closest that comes to this is a cloned display which doesnt work if the LCD screen cannot maatch the televisions resolution.
________
Gang Bang Xxx

Last edited by bmac.to; 03-21-2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac.to View Post
How about adding support for extended displays? Specifically, for the tiny LCD touchscreens built into many HTPC's. Perhaps display time, the guide info for the channel you are watching, and the full Sage menus when you are not watching video. That way you do not have to turn on the television to check weather, listen to MP3's, etc.

The closest that comes to this is a cloned display which doesnt work if the LCD screen cannot maatch the televisions resolution.
Something like Windows SideShow?
Old 10-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah, I never heard of that before but that is the general idea - informational and a bit of control so that you could browse around the Sage menus.

The other way would be for Sage to open two windows - one for the TV and one for the extended desktop (the little LCD panel). There are tons of HTPC cases out there with these small, touchscreen LCD panels and I have not yet seen anything very useful on any of them.

This is definitely an add-on I would pay for (I already dropped a couple hundred bucks on a practically useless feature of my case).
________
Big dick tube

Last edited by bmac.to; 03-21-2011 at 05:16 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Sage User

Favorites Export / Import

I don't know if I have already posted this here, but if I did I'll just post it again.

I'd like to be able to export my list of favorites and their settings to a text file (in an Excel readable format), make changes, and then import the file back in. It would be much easier to manage the list in Excel than through the current GUI. Making a change that applies to all the favorites, for instance, would be a piece of cake. Reordering the priorities would also be much easier.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Sage User

Recording Schedule in Parallel Mode

Oh, and I forgot...

I'd like to be able to manually control the ordering of the tuners when I'm looking at the recording schedule in parallel mode. My HD and SD tuners (4 of each) are all mixed together - I'd like to be able to group them together by type.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR View Post
I don't know if I have already posted this here, but if I did I'll just post it again.

I'd like to be able to export my list of favorites and their settings to a text file (in an Excel readable format), make changes, and then import the file back in. It would be much easier to manage the list in Excel than through the current GUI. Making a change that applies to all the favorites, for instance, would be a piece of cake. Reordering the priorities would also be much easier.
Ditto this for the channel line up as well. It's really annoying to sort through all of the music stations, movie, PPV stations to update those few I do actually pay for.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

Free Space Usage

I'd still like to see Sage make better decisions as to where it puts it's recordings.. I have 3 external 1TB drives, each with a fair amount of free space.. yet I have had issues where Sage will put 3 simultaneous HD recordings on the same drive! Then when things like Comskip jump on the drive too.. well, it gets ugly sometimes!

I'd like Sage to schedule where it will put the shows as well.. if there are 3 shows recording at 8pm, why not put them on multiple drives, if space is available? This would keep the drives from getting overly I/O bound..

As more and more big streams get recorded I imagine this will become a bigger problem if a solution isn't implemented soon..
Old 10-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
I'd still like to see Sage make better decisions as to where it puts it's recordings.. I have 3 external 1TB drives, each with a fair amount of free space.. yet I have had issues where Sage will put 3 simultaneous HD recordings on the same drive! Then when things like Comskip jump on the drive too.. well, it gets ugly sometimes!

I'd like Sage to schedule where it will put the shows as well.. if there are 3 shows recording at 8pm, why not put them on multiple drives, if space is available? This would keep the drives from getting overly I/O bound..

As more and more big streams get recorded I imagine this will become a bigger problem if a solution isn't implemented soon..
I've somewhat solved that problem by restricting each HD tuner to a single recording drive, while letting my SD tuners record to any drive - so that they can do the disk space balancing. If things get really imbalanced (which doesn't happen very often), I can always move some shows manually.

I also put a limit on the comskip disk use during prime-time hours.