SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Multiple Channels Displayed at once

I have 6 turners. It would be nice If I could have a screen where I could see all 6 video feeds at once. In this setup I could select which one plays the audio feed.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 04-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvball View Post
I have 6 turners. It would be nice If I could have a screen where I could see all 6 video feeds at once. In this setup I could select which one plays the audio feed.
Hopefully this has not been mentioned before but it would be cool to get picture-in-picture. I have 5 tuners on my system and it would be nice to have P-n-P functionality.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace007 View Post
Hopefully this has not been mentioned before but it would be cool to get picture-in-picture. I have 5 tuners on my system and it would be nice to have P-n-P functionality.
Actually, that's one of the most requested features of all.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace007 View Post

I think I personally have been asking for it since about 2003, with about 10 posts.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 04-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvball View Post
I think I personally have been asking for it since about 2003, with about 10 posts.
Which begs a question: do any of the Powers That Be review this thread? Or is it more a place for users to commiserate?
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna
Old 04-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCress View Post
Which begs a question: do any of the Powers That Be review this thread? Or is it more a place for users to commiserate?
I would not rely on them to read this thread. If you really support a suggested change, I recommend sending it via the Support Link.

I think most people see them on here and think.. oh, that's already been suggested and is on the list, but I think you have to vote your request by formally submitting to the developers.

If it is not important enough to you to submit, it is not likely to be a high priority for Sage.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Sage Icon

If someone organized the requests into the first post like Brent did for the SageMC Feature Request thread, then maybe the requests will get more views from developers.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.

Last edited by mayamaniac; 04-24-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
If someone organized the requests into the first post like Brent did for the SageMC Feature Request thread, then maybe the requests will get more views from developers.
I think it's a great idea... I think we've even discussed that before (I even started trying to wade through it)... Unfortunately this will not indicate the amount of interest in a particular feature.

Found what I had put together already... note- it is dated Nov so not sure what I missed..
Attached Files
File Type: txt Sage wish list.txt (6.6 KB, 226 views)

Last edited by briands; 04-24-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
....recommend sending it via the Support Link.
Could somebody from the Sage team comment on this approach?
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCress View Post
Could somebody from the Sage team comment on this approach?
Not sure why you are looking for Sage to comment. This came from a thread titled: Where do we submit Enhancement Requests - Two requests

Quote:
You can submit requests/suggestions to SageTV via support requests or bug reports. They both get there.

- Andy
Andy (Opus4) has posted this multiple times and have reminded people in various threads that for any enhancements/requests/suggestions you need to submit it to Sage Support or use the bug reports. This is a user to user forum and you should have no expectations of Sage responding to enhancement requests from here. They may comment from time to time but the official procedure is to send it to SageTV Support.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Not sure why you are looking for Sage to comment.
So I don't offend anybody by misusing the facility - sort of like calling 911 to report that the local donut shop is serving lukewarm coffee.

Unless corrected, I will now assume that The Powers That Be have spoken and I should feel free to send wishlist items in via the bug report facility.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Sage User

My SageTV 7 suggestions

I would like to add the following suggestions to the SageTV 7 wishlist.

- Menu Option to Organize Tv Series / TV Shows (Seasons and Epsodies) such as the GRS development that the colleague Jaminben started

- In my videos a best way to organize DVD collection boxes

- Possibility to include in Sage more online contents (video and audio stream)

- Native way to edit the SageTV Recordings metadata (like in the WebServer plugin)

Thanks,
Asus P5N-D, C2Q Q9400, 4 GB mem, 6 TB HDD in FreeNAS, ATI HD5750, PVR-150, LG Blu-ray / HD DVD Combo Drive, TVA HDTV, Harmony 555, Speakers JBL e Infinity, Yamaha RX-V3900, Samsumg 19" LCD, Samsumg Plasma 42", SageTV HD200, Arcsoft TMT, KL mega codec pack, EventGhost, Windows 7
Old 05-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
Well, if we're talking wishes I'd really love to see CableCARD tuner support. Now, before people start jumping in saying "it'll never happen" and outlining the technical details as to WHY it'll never happen, save your breath...I understand those reasons (Cable Labs, etc) however, this is a wishlist, and I'd love to see it.
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 06-23-2009, 08:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR View Post
I would love to see some support for a multi-user environment. By multi-user I mean more than 1 person viewing the recorded content. A few issues I've run into . . .

1) There are some shows that both my wife and I like that we don't necessarily watch together. When one of us watches the show it gets marked as watched and drops off the list of recorded shows (assuming the watched flag is used as a filter).

2) There are some shows that I like that my wife doesn't like (and vice versa). While this doesn't bother me too much, she complains that she has to scroll through all those extra shows to get to the "real" shows that she wants to watch. It would be good to have another flag to filter these shows by "user" or "watcher".

Forgive me if there is already a simple solution to these issues - I haven't been using SageTV that long.
Tagging the actual file may be cumbersome, but what about an option whereby when you provision your favorite you specify exactly where you'd like these files to be saved at, and then you could do a filtering on files based on this directory on a per user/category basis.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

I would love to see an integrated web browser that you can also use on the extenders. It would be awesome to be able to surf from the couch.

Thanks,
Q
________
weed vaporizers

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:23 PM

1) Profiles for different users

2) A way to view the watched tv show database.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Sage Expert

I agree that having picture in picture or all tuner video feeds on the screen would be great, the UI would be hard though, and it'd probably be pretty resource intensive. . .

I'd love to be able to toggle the guide to show only channels that are a available for a certain source, we have filtering now for HD, just let me filter by tuner. . .
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 08-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'd like to be able to set default values for media audio language and subtitles. For example to enable subtitles by default on DVD and set the preferred language.

I would also like to see native IPTV ("DVB-I" ? ) support.

Make a number of addons standard, like dynamic menus, auto aspect ratio, multistop, webserver...

out of the box xmltv lineup config
Old 08-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

It's probably been mentioned already, but I thought I would add it in.

UPnP controller/renderer functionality.

I have seen some Java applications for this already. Perhaps it could be integrated and simply feed the http address into sagetvplayer (mplayer). Probably more to it than that though.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Auto-padding based on digital TV program information

You can tell what program is on a particular channel at the current time with UK DVB broadcasts (and I assume all DVB broadcasts) because program information is transmitted. This information could be used to automatically add padding to the start and end of recordings. Of course there would have to be rules about when you stopped recording if the late running of a program was creating a conflict. It could be based on a combination of one or more of:
  • The current conflict resolution logic
  • A tunable priority of end of programs being more important than start of programs
  • If one program is available on a catch up service like BBC iplayer or Hulu (note that not everything on a BBC channel is so this should be tunable per favourite or based on information provided by an external source if available, maybe http://backstage.bbc.co.uk if it has it)
  • If the currently recording program is running more than x minutes late (may want to tune this based on program type - sports may run very late and you wouldn't want to miss the end, but a film duration should be fixed and it may be that the program info is broken)