SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC with DVD Profiler Help

I have DVD Profiler (the latest version) and SageMC (latest version) all installed along with a bunch of mpg videos and ripped dvd's.

I've Gone into settings and done the following:
>Settings>SageMC>Paths>Meta Data XML> and pointed it to c:\collection.xml which is where I exported the DVD Profiler collection file.
I then went into:
>Settings>SageMC>Paths>DVDProfilerPath and pointed it to C:\Documents and Settings\Skypc\My Documents\DVD Profiler\Databases I'm not sure if this is right or if I should point it further into the "images" directory.

Anyway now I'm not sure if I did the above correctly and also not sure what to do next. Can anyone help give me a little guidance on this? I did try to search the forums and found a few posts, but things seemed to have changed over time and I'm more confused than before (that's fairly normal by the way ) Thanks in advance for the assistance!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:07 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm at work now but I think you need to go one more directory deeper into the 'default' directory. You're on DVD Profiler 3, correct? Once that path is correct and you go to "My Videos" and make sure the left main menu is highlighted and use the "options" command on your remote. You'll get a dialog to rescan media directories and also to refresh metadata. That's where you kick off the DVD Profiler refresh.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
I'm at work now but I think you need to go one more directory deeper into the 'default' directory. You're on DVD Profiler 3, correct? Once that path is correct and you go to "My Videos" and make sure the left main menu is highlighted and use the "options" command on your remote. You'll get a dialog to rescan media directories and also to refresh metadata. That's where you kick off the DVD Profiler refresh.

Gerry
Thanks for the response Gerry,
I'm at work also so I can't play with it at the moment, but yes I'm using DVD Profiler 3.1

I'll give this another shot when I get back home.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:27 PM
SageTVaholic

I just checked. So you're going to need C:\Documents and Settings\Skypc\My Documents\DVD Profiler\Databases\Default. That should get it working for you.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Sage Icon

I can't seem to get this to work. I am using the latest 3.1.1 version of DVD profiler. I have set up my profiler directories in SageMC to point to my exported collection.xml and the databases/default directory. In SageMC I then renamed the titles of my imported rips to match the DVD profiler titles exactly but when I select "DVD Prrofiler Import" it says "No Entries In External DB Matching"? I have verified that the titles were exported to collection.xml. What steps am I missing?
Old 07-15-2008, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
I can't seem to get this to work. I am using the latest 3.1.1 version of DVD profiler. I have set up my profiler directories in SageMC to point to my exported collection.xml and the databases/default directory. In SageMC I then renamed the titles of my imported rips to match the DVD profiler titles exactly but when I select "DVD Prrofiler Import" it says "No Entries In External DB Matching"? I have verified that the titles were exported to collection.xml. What steps am I missing?
In settings>SageMC>Paths> do you have:
Meta Data XML pointed to
Quote:
c:\collection.xml
or whereever you are exporting the DVD Profiler collection.xml file?

And in the same Paths settings page do you have
DVDProfilerPath pointed to
Quote:
C:\Documents and Settings\Skypc\My Documents\DVD Profiler\Databases\Default
Also, are you ripping each DVD into a folder such as:
Quote:
DVDName/Video_TS
In that case the "DVDName" should be exactly what you have in DVDProfiler as the sort name (EDIT: THIS SHOULD MATCH THE ORIGINAL TITLE IN DVDPROFILER, NOT SORT NAME)
. If you're ripping to a single video file then the file name should match the sort name in DVDProfiler exactly.

Last edited by Brent; 07-15-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
In that case the "DVDName" should be exactly what you have in DVDProfiler as the sort name. If you're ripping to a single video file then the file name should match the sort name in DVDProfiler exactly.
Thanks, Brent.

This is the only part that I didn't have correct. I changed the "Sort Title" to match the directory name and exported again but I'm still getting the same error when trying to import from DVD Profiler?

Edit: I'm trying to do this from a client machine. Could this be the problem?

Last edited by cncb; 07-15-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Are your DVD titles already imported into SageTV where you can see them listed?
Old 07-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Are your DVD titles already imported into SageTV where you can see them listed?
Yes. I'm selecting "Edit Video Info" on the DVD itself and then trying the import.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes. I'm selecting "Edit Video Info" on the DVD itself and then trying the import.
ok. You might try this method just to see if it makes a difference:

Go to Videos and use "Genre" view
Then in that genre view, select options with your remote which will bring up video library options. Select Meta Data Options and then select "DVD Profiler Refresh". It will try to refresh the DVD Profiler collection file and match up any movies it finds with the titles listed in the DVD Profiler collection file.

See if you get the same error when doing it this way.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
See if you get the same error when doing it this way.
I don't get any error messages but it also doesn't seem to change the data for any of the titles. I guess I will try to run this on my server to see if it makes a difference.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't get any error messages but it also doesn't seem to change the data for any of the titles. I guess I will try to run this on my server to see if it makes a difference.
Hmm I'm running out of ideas. Here's another thought albeit a long shot... Are these movies ripped into multiple files (like the original DVD files) or a single file? If multiple files (vob, ifo etc) are they in their own folder like this:
Quote:
moviename\
or a folder like this:
Quote:
moviename\video_ts\
I think that it has to be video_ts if in SageMC since it hasn't been updated to not require video_ts like the default STV has.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's another possibility:
If the title of a movie has any "non-standard" characters in it like any of following:

Quote:
\/:*?""<>|
(This is a restriction of Windows file naming)

Those characters are ignored.

So your DVD Profiler Name would be:
Quote:
Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace
but your folder should be labeled:
Quote:
Star Wars I The Phantom Menace
Or I guess you could just use the second one without the symbols in DVD Profiler.

Alternatively you could use the OriginalTitle field in DVD profiler. This field is used as an alternate folder name for matching. So when you try and import DVD profiler information it tries to exactly match the Title or Original Title. This allows you to have characters like ":" in your title that show up in SageMC, but have your folder names be something different.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Sage Icon

Figured it out. The "Original Title" has to match the directory name. Thanks for your help, Brent.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Figured it out. The "Original Title" has to match the directory name. Thanks for your help, Brent.
Glad you got it working. I got sort title confused with original title I guess. That's what I get for troubleshooting without having DVDProfiler in front of me....
Old 07-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Sage User

How do you get the import to work with collections? I just imported my always sunny into dvd profiler and then ripped them with dvd decryptor...

when I try to load the metadata for the dvd from the profiler data (i followed the above instructions) I get returned that there isn't a match.
(I have this working for DVDs that aren't part of a collection by putting the directory name in the Original title)

What am I going wrong?

Last edited by rabbitslayer; 07-17-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitslayer View Post
How do you get the import to work with collections? I just imported my always sunny into dvd profiler and then ripped them with dvd decryptor...

when I try to load the metadata for the dvd from the profiler data (i followed the above instructions) I get returned that there isn't a match.

What am I going wrong?
Make sure you set the "Original Title" in DVDProfiler for each DVD to be the directory name for the given movie with VIDEO_TS under it with the files: ex. "c:\DVDs\ORIGINALTITLE\VIDEO_TS".
Old 07-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Sage User

Yes but what about multi dvd collections? There is only one Title in DVD Profiler but multiple dics underneath that.

How do you set the title on each of those discs??
Old 07-17-2008, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitslayer View Post
Yes but what about multi dvd collections? There is only one Title in DVD Profiler but multiple dics underneath that.

How do you set the title on each of those discs??
Please read this thread for multi-disc info
Old 07-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the help... that resolved the multi-disc problem! Now I just have to sort them all!

How does this work for any clients?

Last edited by rabbitslayer; 07-17-2008 at 03:28 PM.