SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Exclamation HD Extender not available outside US/CAN?

Previous posts by illuminated sage people have indicated that the unit delivers PAL and has a universal PSU. I've just ordered mine and, having just clicked the final button, noticed that the shop says that it only ships to the US and Canada. When I ordered it, I was able to select international shipping. Can somebody from Sage confirm that this is available outside of the US/Canada and that I will be a happy bunny this Christmas?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

ahhhhhhhhh, well spotted. I ordered mine early this morning obviously half asleep. I will send over an email to find out about this.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcandu View Post
ahhhhhhhhh, well spotted. I ordered mine early this morning obviously half asleep. I will send over an email to find out about this.
Thay haven't taken any money yet. I've sent an email as well.

Last edited by motobarsteward; 12-10-2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: With spelling corrected!
Old 12-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sent an e-mail too. Also tried to ask if its the different power plugs around the world thats the problem (we know it supports 110V-220V 50/60Hz). If thats the case I couldn't care less. I'll fix such problems myself.

Please, please, please, don't ruin my christmas.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Administrator

My understanding is that SageTV only has clearance to sell this electronic device in the US and Canada -- that's why the store page shows that restriction. Sorry, but international orders will be cancelled at this time & you shouldn't be charged.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

I respect the work you guys do and all that. I'm not going to write any bad language here. If it is not possible to ship it outside US/Canada yet, then thats how it is.

But you KNEW this question would come up. NOTHING was communicated about this fact, and the order page still lets you choose countries outside US/Canada. It could have been handled a lot more professionally. So the least you owe us now are the facts, as you know it at this time.

When will we be able to order this device outside US/Canada ? Estimate at least ?

Edit: PS: I'm not directing this at you Andy, but SageTV as a company

Last edited by voidpt; 12-10-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

My order has just been acknowledged. I assume that nobody at Sage has realised that I'm in the UK yet.

Nobody in sales has contacted me yet.

And, actually, previous questions have been answered for other people in the UK, such as does it do PAL and what is the supply voltage?

The six million dollar question is 'When will it be available outside of the US and Canada?'.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidpt View Post
When will we be able to order this device outside US/Canada ? Estimate at least ?
I don't know... you would have to email SageTV directly.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
My understanding is that SageTV only has clearance to sell this electronic device in the US and Canada -- that's why the store page shows that restriction. Sorry, but international orders will be cancelled at this time & you shouldn't be charged.

- Andy
When Jeff replied to the attached post, alarm bells should have rung at Sage. It specifically asked about a delayed launch ouside of the US/Can region and Jeff failed to give an indication that this would happen as the unit was equiped to work at 220V.

Oh well, lookes like the rest of have to wait. At least we can let the Yanks work the bugs out without the WAF taking a nose dive. I shall have to think of something else for Christmas

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=209
Old 12-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

@Opus4
Np. We'll see what the e-mail from sales tell. One way or another the truth will come out

@motobarsteward
I agree. Technically his answers weren't wrong. But there are other ways to communicate the facts that would be a little more transparent.

Looks like an SD Christmas for now, no HD pixels outside US/Canada
Old 12-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidpt View Post
@Opus4
Np. We'll see what the e-mail from sales tell. One way or another the truth will come out

@motobarsteward
I agree. Technically his answers weren't wrong. But there are other ways to communicate the facts that would be a little more transparent.

Looks like an SD Christmas for now, no HD pixels outside US/Canada
I'm reserving comment until I get some official response to my order or query, but to suffice to say I am very disappointed.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hello,

Unfortunately they are not RoHS compliant at this time and not available for any other markets other than US and Canada.

We have cancelled your order.

Thanks,

George Oms
SageTV, LLC
Well it's official now.......... Christmas is cancelled
Old 12-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcandu View Post
Well it's official now.......... Christmas is cancelled
Not RoHS compliant??? You're kidding me! All the chinese OEM's have responded to RoHS requirements as far as I know. I'm certain this must be an issue of certification and not actual design and fab.

Oh well, you Europeans so value green policy, you should be proud to not accept a device in your borders that has not received proper environmentalist clearance.

thx
mike
Client 3: Media MVP to 15" Toshiba LCD
Client 4: HD100 connected to Samsung 23" 720P LCD
Client 5: HD100 connected to Vizio VX37L
Old 12-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

It's nothing to do with certification. You just need to ensure that all your suppliers components are RoHS complient. It's just a paperwork trail to prove due diligence. The problems usually come with the bare board PCB manufacturer, the soldering process and whether or not the suby has the abilty to work lead free. You are quite right in your observation though, SageTV must have had to work quite hard to find a suby that was not RoHS complient.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:27 AM
Sage Icon

Talk about disappointment!!! What a cold shower!

Now I know how my kids feel when I don't get them something I promised them on a particular day! Their tantrums are fully justified!
Old 12-11-2007, 01:31 AM
Sage Icon

Who cares about RoHs or ce certification? It's a private import.

Am I the only one who has bought stuff from outside the EU that has no clear certification marks?

This is the first time this has come up.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs down

Got the reply from sales. Only thing extra I've not seen elsewhere is this little sentence:
Quote:
We are looking into making them RoHS compliant.
O great! After waiting close to 1 year (CES) without ANY indication on 0% support for international customers. Even letting us cross the finish line (ordering), then disqualifying us (canceling). This is what we get! An answer worthy my countries most slippery politicians.

Ok. Think I'm gonna sign out for a month, two or three. Reading the enjoyment now of people testing out the STX-HD100 will be like puring salt into open wounds.

You SageTV, is the Grinch worthy, you stole my Christmas
Old 12-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

What's got me mad is that I order one yesterday and got an e-mail conformation but only to come on to the forums to find out I get won't get an extender! No e-mail from sage to tell me they have cancelled my order, that's good customer service!

Whitey
Old 12-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
What's got me mad is that I order one yesterday and got an e-mail conformation but only to come on to the forums to find out I get won't get an extender! No e-mail from sage to tell me they have cancelled my order, that's good customer service!
Snap! I'm in exactly the same situation. Dont know if they've changed me yet either.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

stop complaining everyone...the longer you wait, the further the dollar drops and the cheaper the extender becomes...must be nice to live outside the states.