SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:24 AM

"No Signal" issue on fresh install

Hey, just got a tv tuner card from a friend today, its an SAA1731 chip. Trying out sagetv, set it all up, and installed the drivers for the card, windows xp picks it up. i have a coax cable going from the card into the wall. the EPG guide works and is all up to date and correct, but i get no signal on any of my channels.

I don't have any other programs like this to try out(wintv or wmediacenter) and there's enough space on the hdd, that's all i got out of the search. i live in the usa, and i have the card set to composite rather than s-video. there's some rca plugs hanging off an adapter connected to the back of the card, but i figured coax would do the trick. i've really got no experience in this but would love to get it to work.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:12 AM
Sage Icon

not familiar with that chip, SAA1731 doesn't come up in a search here, and barely even comes up in a google search. What brand/model is the tuner card. Do you see it on this list, http://www.sagetv.com/requirements.html?sageSub=tv ?

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:41 PM

rather its saa7131 , but i still dont know anymore than that, philips made it or phillips or what ever. its second hand, i dont know any more than that, maybe ill have to take some pictures of it.

this would be a really cool program if my card worked with it, id love to watch tv on my compy.