SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:30 PM

HDHomeRun - Mac Beta 6.3.4 - No dice

I just received a new HDHR today. I have the HD media extender arriving tomorrow, and was looking forward to getting a few items recorded today to test tomorrow.

I hooked up the HDHR - tested it with various apps - hdhomerunner can scan for the channels. I can boot in the VMWare and use the HDHR software to scan for channels and watch via VLC. I've upgraded the firmware to the latest - which I believe was made available on the 9th of Dec.

When I launch SageTV Media Center, and attempt to add a tuner, I get the "No tuner attached" message (not sure what the exact wording is).

Also, I can discover the unit and get it's IP through the CLI stuff that comes with the Mac download. I can ping the unit as well. It's getting it's IP address from the DHCP server. It's on the same network as the Mac I'm using SageTV on.

Any ideas what I can do to get this working? Or at least get a diagnosis?

Thanks
Old 12-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Did you upgrade from a previous version of SageTV? If so, try rebooting or restart the service in the SageTV system preferences panel.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:30 PM

Weird, I got it to work on the Placeshifter.

Should I have been launching the Client or Placeshifter to to get this to work and no the Media Center?
Old 12-13-2007, 05:00 PM

OK, now I go in to setup my channels and I can't get that working.

I have VMWare running so I attempt to follow the HDHR directions listed on the SiliconDust site. No luck. I can view all my channels in VLC, and see the remap column, but I guess the fact I'm doing this all on two platforms is what is throwing it off.

Is there a straightforward way (hell, I'd take any way at this point) - using the Mac alone - that I can set up all my channels for the HDHR in Sage?

Thanks
Old 12-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Sage User

I seem to be having similar issues with same build for Windows Home Server (not Mac). Can't find the HDHR tuner in the Sage Server software. I haven't tried the extender yet.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Sage Icon

I have used VNC to do the scanning on my headless windows server.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

A few HDHomeRun issues have been fixed since the (now long in the tooth) Mac 6.3.4 beta was posted. A new build will be posted shortly.