SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-20-2007, 05:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Sage v6 - lost some Hauppauge remote features

Hey there folks.

I just updated to v6x from v5x, and everything seems fine except that I have lost two control buttons on the Hauppauge 45 button remote (PVR150).

With v5, the "menu-i" button called up the Sage main menu. Now, nothing.
Also, the 2:30 fast forward button is not functioning (although the 2:30 rewind is fine).
And lastly, and this is a BIG ONE, the green power button at the top, that used to put Sage to sleep, or enable control,
now opens Media Center! That's a big no-no.

The irremote.ini is still in the Windows dir., so I am stumped. Has anyone had this happen to them as well?

I've looked all over here but haven't found the answer yet, so if someone knows what needs to be done, I'd appreciate it.

thanks

Last edited by tvmaster2; 12-20-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Had you customized irremote.ini? If so, then SageTV may have overwritten those changes or even removed them if you selected that option in the SageTV installer either during this install and/or during the previous install.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

it's possible, but I more than likely used the irremote.ini that I think you had posted some time back. I found that, and replaced what was in Windows dir, and that regained everything except for the green button control.

any thoughts? I backed up everything except irremote.ini - there's always something, eh?

thanks
Old 12-20-2007, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

OK, I found your old post and re-edited ini, and I think it is back to square again

Old 12-23-2007, 10:31 PM
SageTVaholic

version 6x, Hauppauge remote and the "yellow" button.

Hey there. Using the Hauppauge 45 button remote, the yellow button at the bottom seems to have changed functionality with v.6x from v.5x.

With v.5x, a complete info window, including the current playback item's video and audio, were visible in the upper right corner of the screen simultaneous to the info items.

With v.6x, when you press the yellow button at the bottom, all you get is the playback status info similar to pressing the play button.

Does that make sense?

Any idea how to call up the info screen that showed with version 5?

thanks
Old 12-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure what you are describing nor what SageTV screen you are talking about -- in v5 and v6, the yellow button on the Hauppauge remote was and is the Options command; see Appendix E in the PDF manual.

Maybe you've reassigned the yellow button to something else?

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi. I read Appendix E before I posted, as I found reference from another posting. I am not sure if you own a Hauppauge 45 button remote, but if you do, what exactly should come up on the screen when you press the yellow button? When we both refer to "options", can you point me to a graphic somewhere in the manual or on this site that shows what should come up on screen? Maybe that would clear up my confusion.
All I know is that what came up under v.5 doesn't come up under v.6

cheers
Old 12-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
what exactly should come up on the screen when you press the yellow button?
What menu? As I said above, I don't know what screen you are talking about.

Page 29 of the v6.3 manual says what the default pop-up dialog is on most menus when you use the Options command. Some menus document a custom options menu.

Is Detailed Setup -> Commands, you can see what command the button is assigned to, unless you are uins an ini that sends messages, in which case you can check the ini to see what command number it sends & cross reference with the command list.

- Andy
Old 12-23-2007, 11:36 PM
SageTVaholic

What I'll try and do is reload v.5, do a screen grab of what came up under the yellow options button, and then try to find it in 6.0

Basically, it was a version of the the main menu, but included the current "playing" item's audio and video, so you could scroll through recordings while watching in the upper right window.

likely it's just a way to re-program the ini file again.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Basically, it was a version of the the main menu, but included the current "playing" item's audio and video, so you could scroll through recordings while watching in the upper right window.
If you were getting that on the Main Menu, then you were using a custom STV & should recheck what customizations you've re-installed into the v6 STV.

- Andy
Old 12-23-2007, 11:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Besides the headaches with getting the remote working, version 6 seems quite spiffy - mostly snappy interface, some cool new features, and mostly backward compatible. Upgrading was mostly simple, and other than a little difficulty working with Placeshifter, v.6x seems pretty hardy.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Sage User

I am pulling my hair out trying to get the 45 button remote to put v 6 to sleep when I press the power button or when I use the mouse or keuboard to click on standby I get a slide show
Old 12-30-2007, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

krbaugh,

That is because SageTV defaults to screensaver on sleep and the default screensaver is Slideshow. You need to go to setup details under General and change it according to what you want. If you want it to go to the tray set ScreenSaver On sleep to "disabled"

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-30-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Sage User

Thumbs up

Thanks that makes since the strange this is it was doing what I wanted then I programed a couple of buttons on the remote and it switched the screen saver who knew.......well you did thanks!