SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Sage User

Help with Hauppauge IR Remote use in SageTV

Ok I just bought a new PVR-150 after having problems getting my older WinTV 878 card and eHome remote to work. The card and remote work fine with other applications but not SageTV.

Background:
I installed the card and remote on the machine before I installed SageTV and I know it was working because I can use the remote to mute/change the volume within windows.

When installing SageTV I checked off that I had the Hauppauge 45 button remote, everything else seems to be working properly but the remote is completely unresponsive in SageTV.

When the SageTV application has focus the remote wont work at all, if I change focus to the windows desktop or any other application I can use the remote to change volume/mute/other basic windows functions.

Question:
In the FAQ it says that SageTV will need to be re-installed if the remote isn't working properly. Since I installed SageTV after installing the remote anyway are there specifics setting I should be looking for to ensure this doesn't happen again?

Also if I reinstall SageTV will I lose all of my settings and Favorite Show listings? I've already spent a few hours playing with the settings and tweaking the app how I want it... I would hate to have to do that all over again
Old 12-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedsymphony View Post
In the FAQ it says that SageTV will need to be re-installed if the remote isn't working properly.
Did you read the entire FAQ? There is another fix after the phrase "you can either reinstall it or"... See the FAQ again for more info, or the Hauppauge links in my sig.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Sage User

Thank you for that, I had read the FAQ on the main site, not the forum and it made no mention of the remote.ini file just reinstalling SageTV.

I'll try out the remote.ini later tonight, it looks like there is a lot of other good information in that thread too, I'll be sure to read through it.

Thanks again.