SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

I am confused is this a theme or stvi? I know you did the artwork for jaminben are you sure he wants this brought into sagemc?
Old 08-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
I did some playing around as I waited on jaminben to provide me with the latest Ortus to work on. I just played around with the latest SageMC and did some graphic modifications/layout and some studio stuff. Some of these graphics are what may show up in Ortus. I just call the SageMS for now, MS stands for the XBMC theme MediaStream.

Can someone tell me how to move the preview window? It doesn't show up in my screen shots, but it is in the default SageMC location. I need to move it, but I can't for the life of me find where it is in studio. I'm speaking of the little preview window for thumbs and playing video while in the recordings screen.

At one time I could have sworn there was a SageMC option to choose the base font without having to do it in studio. Am I overlooking that now, or was it removed due to some sort of issue?

Wow, really nice work. Any chance you will let this out as a SageMC theme while we wait for Ortus, just to hold us over?

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I am confused is this a theme or stvi? I know you did the artwork for jaminben are you sure he wants this brought into sagemc?
I'm not sure it can qualify as a theme for SageMC as there a quite a few studio edits. But it might be possible as a theme/stvi combo.

Ortus is going to be sooo much more than what I did with this. This was mainly a way for me to get back into studio for what I will be doing with Ortus.

I may release this as a SageMC theme. Let me talk to jaminben. If I do release it as a theme, chances are I will not be able to actively support it, as it would take time away from Ortus. I may be able to do an easy quick fix, but not anything major.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Can someone tell me how to move the preview window? It doesn't show up in my screen shots, but it is in the default SageMC location. I need to move it, but I can't for the life of me find where it is in studio. I'm speaking of the little preview window for thumbs and playing video while in the recordings screen.
It's in "Menu THEME". Look for the
Code:
if - HasMediaFile() && (DisableVideoPreview != true)
widget chain.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'm not sure it can qualify as a theme for SageMC as there a quite a few studio edits. But it might be possible as a theme/stvi combo.

Ortus is going to be sooo much more than what I did with this. This was mainly a way for me to get back into studio for what I will be doing with Ortus.

I may release this as a SageMC theme. Let me talk to jaminben. If I do release it as a theme, chances are I will not be able to actively support it, as it would take time away from Ortus. I may be able to do an easy quick fix, but not anything major.
Kricker, that's fine. I realize that this would just be a new background, etc. and nothing like Ortus. I just looking for a new "look."

Thanks
Old 08-25-2009, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

WAFTV

Okay I will do my part to keep this topic alive. Attached are some screenies of a new TV app I am Calling Sage WAF TV. It is for what the title hints Wife Approval Factor TV Series. I made this app as a supplement for TV series that My wife would like and built it upon her request. TV explorer I love but the wife does not. This app is very simplistic in use and looks. There are no options and the settings can all be done with buttons on the remote. It is meant to be used for recorded/archived/ library tv series. The first private beta went out today so I don't know when to say it will release.

Also this would not be possible without the joint effort of Myself and Razor on our Api/java calls and functions. Together we have come up with some great stuff for this and TVE.

Main TV Screen

Season Screen

Episode Screen

Main TV Screen 2

Season Screen 2

Main Screen DVD tv

Season Screen DVD

Episode Screen DVD

Play options from Main

Play options form Episodes

Any questions feel free enjoy

cheers
Old 08-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Sage User

Will WAF TV only be for SageMC or will you make it for the standard stv also?
Old 08-25-2009, 02:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesee150 View Post
Will WAF TV only be for SageMC or will you make it for the standard stv also?
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. I am still trying to get SMW ported over and haven't really had the time for that. Why not just use Sagemc
Old 08-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

Plucky nice work! I like the looks and the name. I will have to check this out soon as I have time. The pics look great though!
Old 08-25-2009, 02:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Plucky nice work! I like the looks and the name. I will have to check this out soon as I have time. The pics look great though!
Thanks glad you like.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Thanks glad you like.
Like everything else you've done, it looks great. How are you integrating all of these apps, though? Can you post a screenshot of your main Sage screen? I'm just curious. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2009, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
Like everything else you've done, it looks great. How are you integrating all of these apps, though? Can you post a screenshot of your main Sage screen? I'm just curious. Thanks!
Sure I can get you a screenshot later at home. I am integrating them in this way

SageMovieWall version 4 now removes all tv files from it only leaving movies.

WAF TV-(I use this for series) has all the tv files from my library folders as well as recordedtv, but within WAF TV I can exclude shows I don't keep as series from being shown in it(very easily done).

Then I have the default SageMC TV which SWAFTV ties in and any shows shown in WAFTV are not shown in the default SAGEMC TV screen. This is where we keep shows we watch and then delete.

cheers
Old 08-25-2009, 03:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sure I can get you a screenshot later at home. I am integrating them in this way

SageMovieWall version 4 now removes all tv files from it only leaving movies.

WAF TV-(I use this for series) has all the tv files from my library folders as well as recordedtv, but within WAF TV I can exclude shows I don't keep as series from being shown in it(very easily done).

Then I have the default SageMC TV which SWAFTV ties in and any shows shown in WAFTV are not shown in the default SAGEMC TV screen. This is where we keep shows we watch and then delete.

cheers
So in the end we have SMWAFTVMC Default and Caffeinated right?
You've been busy my friend. It would be cool to have it all with one simple install at some point once your dev of these tools slows down.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Looks great Plucky! Will there be icons for watched settings on the episode screens? I've been using MakeMKV lately to rip out the eipsodes off my DVD series and its would be nice to have watched icons to keep track of where we left off.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi PLUCKYHD. Nice looking stuff! I am trying to get the idea of how the WAFTV Series works in respect to the sageMC TV Recordings screen.

For example, when your wife turns on the TV to find what to watch; would she first select SageMC TV Recordings screen from the main menu, look through movies, specials, news, etc (skipping TV series recordings).. then, back out to the Menu menu and select WAFTV Series menu for TV shows? I know I'm probably missing something fundamental.. but I'm curious to know, since this addon looks pretty nice. Congrats!

EDIT: I just saw your comment above.. "Then I have the default SageMC TV which SWAFTV ties in and any shows shown in WAFTV are not shown in the default SAGEMC TV screen. This is where we keep shows we watch and then delete.". It looks like I had the right idea, you guys will now have two different menus to look through when going through TV recordings; and, a third menu if you you also use MovieWall. I personally prefer just like going to one menu for selecting what TV recording to watch and manage; but who knows.. maybe my wife prefers to keep TV show series, and the other recordings in separate places.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 08-25-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Looks great Plucky! Will there be icons for watched settings on the episode screens? I've been using MakeMKV lately to rip out the eipsodes off my DVD series and its would be nice to have watched icons to keep track of where we left off.
The Watched shows are a lighter color grey instead of white (episode titles)

As far as where you left off that is where play screen comes in handy you can autoplay from last episode you were watching or next if that was finished or can can chose to play the entire series from last watched point.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
For example, when your wife turns on the TV to find what to watch; would she first select SageMC TV Recordings screen from the main menu, look through movies, specials, news, etc (skipping TV series recordings).. then, back out to the Menu menu and select WAFTV Series menu for TV shows? I know I'm probably missing something fundamental.. but I'm curious to know, since this addon looks pretty nice. Congrats!
There will be a link added in the SageMC recording screen called series that will take you to the WAF screen. Basically you remember series that you keep are in WAF and those you don't are in the default.

I will add an option to still show all shows in the default and if you click on one that is in WAFTV it will automatically take you there.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Sage Icon

How much longer for this? I can't wait.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
How much longer for this? I can't wait.
I honestly can't say the first beta went out today and I always consider that Alpha if only I have tested. I hope within a month but can't promise
Old 08-25-2009, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

For those subscribed to this thread here is a sneak peak I just posted of Sage Movie Wall V5.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=699

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 08-25-2009 at 07:08 PM.