SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Idea.....

PLUCKYHD, I really like the asthetics of your new addon; although, honestly, I'm really not a big fan of the idea of separating TV series shows in a completely separate menuing system from the rest of the recorded TV shows.

However, I had an interesting idea... How about making a little sister addon (using your existing code from WAFTV) which would only consist of your Episode Screen component. This would replacing the default sageMC TV Recordings sub-menu screen (when you click on a group/folder icon in the TV Recordings menu). You would need to enhance Episode Screen a little from the original one in WAFTV to support other groups of recorded shows with the same title; even movies!

What do you think? You could end up with two very cool sageMC addons instead of one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
There will be a link added in the SageMC recording screen called series that will take you to the WAF screen. Basically you remember series that you keep are in WAF and those you don't are in the default.

I will add an option to still show all shows in the default and if you click on one that is in WAFTV it will automatically take you there.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-26-2009, 06:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
However, I had an interesting idea... How about making a little sister addon (using your existing code from WAFTV) which would only consist of your Episode Screen component. This would replacing the default sageMC TV Recordings sub-menu screen (when you click on a group/folder icon in the TV Recordings menu). You would need to enhance Episode Screen a little from the original one in WAFTV to support other groups of recorded shows with the same title; even movies!

What do you think? You could end up with two very cool sageMC addons instead of one...

I think you need to give it a go and see how it works it doesn't have to be a seperate screen for recorded tv you can keep all your recorded tv in it if you want. This app was built more to allow better series management by seasons and such for those that keep a high number of ripped or recorded tv series (myself). As for making an additional addon that is possible but already exist with Grouped Recording Screen by Jaminben.

That being said you seem to have good ideas/input. Those ideas are better expressed and reconized during beta's like this if you would be interested in running the betas and supplying feedback please pm me.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Cool thanks PLUCKYHD for the beta invitation. I'll send you a PM...

Quote:
I think you need to give it a go and see how it works it doesn't have to be a seperate screen for recorded tv you can keep all your recorded tv in it if you want. This app was built more to allow better series management by seasons and such for those that keep a high number of ripped or recorded tv series (myself). As for making an additional addon that is possible but already exist with Grouped Recording Screen by Jaminben.

That being said you seem to have good ideas/input. Those ideas are better expressed and reconized during beta's like this if you would be interested in running the betas and supplying feedback please pm me.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-26-2009, 11:54 AM
SageTVaholic

As with all new things, things sometimes change. Today it was the episode list screen. This one is much better IMHO. Ignore the thumbnail thanks to EP I have 3000 videos repeated on my coding machine so it is not the correct thumbnail on the right.

New episode screenshot.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay todays work done. Episode screen done.

Added watched bar below
Added time stamp

adjusted various things

New episode screen
Old 08-26-2009, 02:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ignore the thumbnail thanks to EP I have 3000 videos repeated on my coding machine so it is not the correct thumbnail on the right.
Robothouse!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:41 PM
Sage User

More AMAZING work Plucky!!!! Can't wait for its release. Between this and SMW, the transition to Sage full time from meedio and meedios is starting to become much more of a reality. Thanks again for all your hard work!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruwackd View Post
More AMAZING work Plucky!!!! Can't wait for its release. Between this and SMW, the transition to Sage full time from meedio and meedios is starting to become much more of a reality. Thanks again for all your hard work!
No problem. The limits are starting to become the hd200. Here is hoping for a faster hd300
Old 08-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
No problem. The limits are starting to become the hd200. Here is hoping for a faster hd300
Nooooooooo........I've just bought another HD200. I would be quite annoyed if a HD300 appeared, not that I wouldn't buy it.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Nooooooooo........I've just bought another HD200. I would be quite annoyed if a HD300 appeared, not that I wouldn't buy it.

Come on Ben you know as well as I do that the hd200 is underpowered for ui
Old 08-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Come on Ben you know as well as I do that the hd200 is underpowered for ui
Must be your coding, works fine my end

Only joking....

I know where your coming from. It is slightly strange that the unit can run @ HD resolutions but the UI can't....thats got to be the biggest let down for me. Although I suppose you could say that its meant for watching and not flicking through a UI.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Must be your coding, works fine my end

Only joking....

I know where your coming from. It is slightly strange that the unit can run @ HD resolutions but the UI can't....thats got to be the biggest let down for me. Although I suppose you could say that its meant for watching and not flicking through a UI.
Not too strange - HD is on a dedicated decode chip, but UI is an underpowered processor. The more cool stuff you guys do, though, the stronger the argument for a PC over extender.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
Not too strange - HD is on a dedicated decode chip, but UI is an underpowered processor. The more cool stuff you guys do, though, the stronger the argument for a PC over extender.
That is very true take the video I posted @ SMW forum. It is blazing and I mean blazing fast on a pc/client. The extender runs it just not as fast has trouble keeping up with that many animations.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When I say strange, I mean that its called an HD extender, so why not make it fully HD including the UI. I would probably pay another 50% on top of the original price to get an extender that could fly like a pc.

I still prefer extenders to a PC client though, they just work and hardly ever lockup or go down.......compared to my PC client that I used to use.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
When I say strange, I mean that its called an HD extender, so why not make it fully HD including the UI. I would probably pay another 50% on top of the original price to get an extender that could fly like a pc.

I still prefer extenders to a PC client though, they just work and hardly ever lockup or go down.......compared to my PC client that I used to use.
AMEN!!! Give us full hd resolution on the next extenders this 920x540 stuff is for the birds.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Have you guys looked at the next version of the SOC's from Sigma? That would be the options for any next gen extenders.

Here's Sigma's "guide" to the various SOC's available

Processor speeds get better on the next version up from the HD200's. Price probably gets higher as well though.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Have you guys looked at the next version of the SOC's from Sigma? That would be the options for any next gen extenders.

Here's Sigma's "guide" to the various SOC's available

Processor speeds get better on the next version up from the HD200's. Price probably gets higher as well though.
Z-WaveŽ Wireless Products including RF Remote Controls, Home Control and
Home Automation sounds pretty cool. Wonder if Sage could ever intergrate that, if they ever used that chip.

I'd still be prepared to pay the extra for a limited edition Ultimate Extender. Feel the Force with the Ultra HD200, or UHD200 for short (Said in a movie style voice over).

Old 08-28-2009, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Like everything else you've done, it looks great. How are you integrating all of these apps, though? Can you post a screenshot of your main Sage screen? I'm just curious. Thanks!
Here are a couple of screen grabs from my current main menu work in progress. Now you can't do what I am doing by default (growth on selected .changing backgrounds to what is selected randomly,and my own custom theme.) Once I get further in how I want the main menu I may share

Wall Selected

TV Selected

As you can tell when it comes to main menus I am a simple is more guy.

cheers
Old 08-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Definitely simple - I like it! Thanks for posting the screencaps.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Definitely simple - I like it! Thanks for posting the screencaps.
No problem I uploaded the wrong/older images by accident so relook