SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

Really nice and clean. Do you mind sharing?
Old 12-17-2009, 04:32 PM

I'll be leaving town Saturday for the holidays for a few weeks..I'll see what I can do when I get back
Old 12-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincylion View Post
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! I wanted to post some screenshots of my latest SageTV UI..I've actually left this alone for 3 weeks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4566332...7622896054563/

A lot of it "purloined" from others.

I also wanted to thank all of the wonderful folks who work so hard on mods for Sage, including (but not limited to) meinmaui,razrsharpe,pluckyhd, and jaminben. The best to all in the New Year!

Really nice. I second the request for sharing if you're up to it.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatvent View Post
Really nice. I second the request for sharing if you're up to it.
I will do my best when I return from the Holidays.
Thanks.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Ortus View Post
Hi Tony,

We're still all here coding away, don't expect to see it anytime soon, although you may very well see some parts of Ortus appear in other STVi's for
Sage/SageMC. Ortus has really started to take on a life of its own and has grown beyond our initial specification, an example of this would be the SQL
database and built-in fanart/metadata scrapping facilities which currently has about an 85-90% hit rate on movies/tv shows (recorded or imported).

The screen designs have changed once again and follows the popular Meedios skin evolution, this means you can now choose between 5 different color themes.

Other key features would be episode/season filtering, multiple screen views and a user specific log-in system using Wii Mee images, you can even create
your own user logo's using various Wii Mee sites and import them into Ortus for that extra personal touch.

I may post a few screenshots a little later today.

Team Ortus

Edit:

The Screenshots.

Just saw these and being a former meedio/meedios user I can't tell you how excited I am for this to be released!!!! Excellent work. I assume that this will all work on the hd200s (the reason i stopped using meedio/meedios)????
Old 12-22-2009, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruwackd View Post
Just saw these and being a former meedio/meedios user I can't tell you how excited I am for this to be released!!!! Excellent work. I assume that this will all work on the hd200s (the reason i stopped using meedio/meedios)????
Your assumption would be correct we all use hd200's so having support for them is a must.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:04 AM
Sage User

To the Ortus dev team...

I know you must get LOADS of people asking about a timeline for release. I am waiting for this to make the jump from VMC to sage and as such I will have alot of hardward to buy, sell and set-up (extenders which I use four of). I know waiting on a new GUI to make the switch doesn't make alot of sense but the WAF is huge and she almost threw me out when I loaded up both the default STI and/or SageMc for a trial run...... I am dying to ditch VMC, sage will solve any outstanding issues I have thats keeps my setup from being perfect.... relatively speaking of course

Anyway, I'm not looking for a concrete or even a soft date.... just an approximation. Like are we talking closer to spring, or fall 2010?

Feel free to tell me to pound sand, but I am just curious.....
Old 12-24-2009, 05:24 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_stalker View Post
To the Ortus dev team...

I know you must get LOADS of people asking about a timeline for release. I am waiting for this to make the jump from VMC to sage and as such I will have alot of hardward to buy, sell and set-up (extenders which I use four of). I know waiting on a new GUI to make the switch doesn't make alot of sense but the WAF is huge and she almost threw me out when I loaded up both the default STI and/or SageMc for a trial run...... I am dying to ditch VMC, sage will solve any outstanding issues I have thats keeps my setup from being perfect.... relatively speaking of course

Anyway, I'm not looking for a concrete or even a soft date.... just an approximation. Like are we talking closer to spring, or fall 2010?

Pound the Sand my friend

No, only joking........ I can't really give a date as I don't even know myself. I've made the mistake before of giving release dates and then feeling bad when I break them. All I'll say is.... it 'MAYBE' out within the first half of 2010. To be honest I thought it would have been finished already but alas its not....

You may also want to rethink your move to Sage if your just basing it on a UI. Ortus isn't going to revolutionise your HTPC experience nor is it going to magically make you your XMAS dinner, ultimately it still does what the default and SageMC does and that's play your media. Not that I'm trying to put you off moving to Sage

Cheers

Ben
Old 12-24-2009, 07:06 AM
Sage User

Awsome... thats specific enough for me, thanks very much!

Also I understand what your saying about switching just for Ortus... and I'm not. I love Sage, and would switch today if I could slide it past the family (Weve been running a completely dedicated MCE/VMC setup since fall 2004). What I need is just a little lipstick on the UI, and from what I've seen from screen shots and what I've read about Ortus it is alot more than just lipstick so I'm fairly confident that once it's released I can at least run another trial and see if I can get fam behind it. I really don't like the default ui or even sagemc, but I could live with it just for the jump in functionality, so Ortus will make it just that much more appealing for me. If We werent so dependant on extenders it wouldnt be that big a deal to make the move to Sage, but obviously there are some $$$ comittments needed in terms of extenders.

Thanks again!!!
Old 12-24-2009, 07:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
To the Ortus dev team...

hey soul we have had concersations before back when I used media center. I am going to guess your reason for leaving is codec support (or lack there of in media center). If that is it I wouldn't wait for us to release ortus. Sagemc I completely customizable and you really can do allot with it. Take a look at smw in my signature and tve to help make the experience better. The ui and features of ortus are and will be great but don't expect media center animation and "flash" currently we just can't do some of the stuff media centers API can hoping that will change with sage 7.

That being said if it is codec support an the great hd200 that Is making you want to switch don't hesitate native DVD and blu Ray support are heaven sent and my waf is much higher than it ever was with media center.

Cheers
Old 12-24-2009, 09:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Awsome... thats specific enough for me, thanks very much!

Also I understand what your saying about switching just for Ortus... and I'm not. I love Sage, and would switch today if I could slide it past the family (Weve been running a completely dedicated MCE/VMC setup since fall 2004). What I need is just a little lipstick on the UI, and from what I've seen from screen shots and what I've read about Ortus it is alot more than just lipstick so I'm fairly confident that once it's released I can at least run another trial and see if I can get fam behind it. I really don't like the default ui or even sagemc, but I could live with it just for the jump in functionality, so Ortus will make it just that much more appealing for me. If We werent so dependant on extenders it wouldnt be that big a deal to make the move to Sage, but obviously there are some $$$ comittments needed in terms of extenders.

Thanks again!!!
Have you looked at any of the plug-ins people have created such as TV Explorer? You haven't really said what you don't like about the default UI or SageMC, so it's tough to point you in any direction. That said, if the music interface is your issue, then you're out of luck for now. TVE is amazing, though. 99% of my Sage usage is there, since I primarily use Sage to watch TV.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 01-03-2010, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

I dusted out Studio to get ready to dive into Phoenix - and whipped up the Video screen for Serenity. Here's a preview.

btl.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I dusted out Studio to get ready to dive into Phoenix - and whipped up the Video screen for Serenity. Here's a preview.

btl.
Looks good confused is this going to be serenity for sagemc or serenity for Phoenix?
Old 01-03-2010, 05:26 PM
SageTVaholic

For SageMC. I just needed a project to refresh my Studio skills, since I've been in Sage user mode lately, rather than Sage developer......

So one last fling with MC
Old 01-03-2010, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
For SageMC. I just needed a project to refresh my Studio skills, since I've been in Sage user mode lately, rather than Sage developer......

So one last fling with MC

Looks good curious how you are getting the rating cause? ie rating pg13 for violence

I knew bmt scraped it but didn't think Sean had it imported intothe sagedb just yet.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Looks good curious how you are getting the rating cause? ie rating pg13 for violence

I knew bmt scraped it but didn't think Sean had it imported intothe sagedb just yet.
GetShowExpandedRatings(Airing)

I'm guessing that comes from BMT but I don't know for sure - the meta-data is there magically and that's good enough for me
Old 01-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Looks real nice.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

I finally had time to play with AMIS. One of the SageMC Movie Trailers addon users suggested one-click integration of 1080p movie trailers in AMIS. I had no idea how nice looking and practical AMIS can be. When I first installed it, I just tried the included presets which I didnt really care for too much; but gave it another shot; which I'm glad I did! 1080p movie trailers is the icing on the cake for me Great work jaminben! I guess jumping on the AMIS bandwagon is better late than never!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-09-2010, 01:46 PM
SageTVaholic

A couple more screen grabs from Serenity 2.0. These are the TV screens - once you select a show from the first screen the next screen pops up and lets you choose one to watch:

Old 01-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Very nice! Is this something you are going to release soon?