SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:15 AM
SageTVaholic

FYI - this is largely based on the iTV theme for SageMC by Morgan111, with some special backgrounds, icons, and layouts. I don't think I'll change any of the other resources - they already look just like I want them in the iTV theme.

I might even get fancy and package it up as an extension of iTV - less to download that way. We'll see.

btl.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:25 AM
SageTVaholic

btl, I could be wrong (or just wishful thinking), but I think "Maui" Mike hinted that we might be getting native on-the-fly reflections effects in SageMC. Does that mean you will need to redo all your graphics that already show reflections?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-24-2008, 01:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
btl, I could be wrong (or just wishful thinking), but I think "Maui" Mike hinted that we might be getting native on-the-fly reflections effects in SageMC. Does that mean you will need to redo all your graphics that already show reflections?
I wouldn't worry about that.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I wouldn't worry about that.
Oh yeah?! Mike, you're like the magician that always has something up his sleeve. I recently purchased Photoshop partly to add reflections to many of my Sage icons. All I've really learned is how incompetent I am at using Photoshop. Needless to say I look forward to this new feature.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:11 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm not worried about reflections - but I would like a way to specify different backgrounds for the dynamic submenus in the theme!

I figure if I ask in two threads maybe I'll get a response faster!

btl.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Oh yeah?! Mike, you're like the magician that always has something up his sleeve. I recently purchased Photoshop partly to add reflections to many of my Sage icons. All I've really learned is how incompetent I am at using Photoshop. Needless to say I look forward to this new feature.
Now that you've spent good money on Photoshop - you should try the free program Paint.NET - I find it a lot easier to use than photoshop and GIMP, and it has all the features I've every looked for manipulating graphics.

Too little, too late. I know. But try it.

btl.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Now that you've spent good money on Photoshop - you should try the free program Paint.NET - I find it a lot easier to use than photoshop and GIMP, and it has all the features I've every looked for manipulating graphics.
No worries. My company ultimately reimbursed me for it since I'm using it primarily for work.

After all the trials and tribulations with Photoshop though, I would really prefer to use it just when I need it, so your suggestion is most certainly welcome. I'll give Paint.NET a whirl when I get home. Thanks
Old 03-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
but I would like a way to specify different backgrounds for the dynamic submenus in the theme!
I second this request. Although I almost feel guilty asking to add something else to an already abundantly feature rich stvi.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

The two attached graphics are not quite right on the on the original iTV theme. I've corrected them.

HTH,

Nick.
Attached Images
File Type: png menu_list_nofocus.png (17.7 KB, 566 views)
File Type: png menu_list_focus.png (2.0 KB, 515 views)
Old 03-26-2008, 11:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Nick.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:42 PM
SageTVaholic

The CenterSage theme is ready! Here's a new thread I started for it.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...981#post274981

I'm still working out where to store it for download (it's over the limit that Sage will host here at the forum? either that or the forum isn't accepting files right now......) - any suggestions on free file hosting?

btl.

Last edited by bialio; 03-30-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:06 AM
SageTVaholic

you can get 5gb free at xdrive or other places and they have public sharing features.

B
Old 03-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Sage User

MCSquare... (temp name)

Me working on this new theme... still in the works (though most of the main menu is done).

I aspire to have some functional changes though, to accommodate some personal desires, as you can see in the capture below, mainly eliminating unnecessary pages for sub menus(the TV page for example).

I'll be more then happy to get some recommendations and ideas as I'm still in the start and very flexible.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivilya View Post
Me working on this new theme... still in the works (though most of the main menu is done).
I really like the looks of this and look forward to your theme.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I aspire to have some functional changes though, to accommodate some personal desires, as you can see in the capture below, mainly eliminating unnecessary pages for sub menus(the TV page for example).

I'll be more then happy to get some recommendations and ideas as I'm still in the start and very flexible.
That's looking real nice!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

sivilya,
Cant wait to try this one out!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The CenterSage theme is ready! Here's a new thread I started for it.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...981#post274981

I'm still working out where to store it for download (it's over the limit that Sage will host here at the forum? either that or the forum isn't accepting files right now......) - any suggestions on free file hosting?

btl.
Got the download set up now -

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=220

btl.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:

Looks great as well... I love how the submenus work. Similar to CenterStage above, would be great if you create a new SageMC Theme thread when your MCSquare is ready!
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 03-31-2008, 10:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

Sivilya,

I'm REALLY, REALLY liking what you are are doing with this! If you don't mind, could you please keep us up to date with screenshots as you progress? Can't wait to give it a try!

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 04-21-2008, 04:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Wink

This is my sageTV running in a window on Windows Vista Ultimate PC

***RIP SageTV***