SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-22-2007, 01:03 AM
Sage User

dvd cover images

an easy one I'm sure, I've done a search but can't find the answer.
I'm ripping my DVDs using dvdshrink and putting them in the media center/videos section but they show up as simply DVD.
I'd like to add a "cover art" image
How?
Old 12-22-2007, 01:05 AM
Administrator

See Appendix I of the SageTV manual -- p. 248 for v6.3.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:27 AM
Sage User

Andy goto bed dude, it's late thanks
Old 12-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

going crazy...

Ok, seriously, I am beating my head against the wall trying to get cover art to display.

I've followed the instructions in the manual (jpg called folder.jpg in the VIDEO_TS folder), refreshed import directories, nada.

I've also looked at this thread http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...=cover+art+dvd and tried deleting and readding the import directory, rebooting, restarting the GUI, ad nauseum and I'm getting no love currently.

If anybody has any advice, this is really the last thing I need for total WAF. I mean, I've got 7 tuners running, HD working great on 2 clients (no HD extender yet, though!), you'd think I could manage to get some @$##@ cover art.

FWIW, I've had to delete and re-add import directories for embedded jpgs to show in Music for my mp3s, but this does eventually work.

So far, _nothing_ I've tried is working for DVD cover art.

Any help would be fantastic!

cheers,
dave

PS. Running 6.3.5 on server, 6.1.9 on clients. Images don't show on clients or server.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

sounds like your too far down... should be in the DVd_title directory... right next to video_ts
Old 12-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1234 View Post
sounds like your too far down... should be in the DVd_title directory... right next to video_ts

Not according to the manual? says it should be in the vid_TS, but I'll give it a try.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfitz43 View Post
I've followed the instructions in the manual (jpg called folder.jpg in the VIDEO_TS folder), refreshed import directories, nada.

I've also looked at this thread http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...=cover+art+dvd and tried deleting and readding the import directory, rebooting, restarting the GUI, ad nauseum and I'm getting no love currently.
The file is definitely named "folder.jpg"? Are extensions hidden by any chance? If so, the file may actually have a different name.

Try renaming the base directory where the DVDs are located, then making sure the folder.jpg files are in place, then add that as an import dir and refresh the import dirs.

You could also try enabling debug logging before restarting SageTV for the library refresh to see if it includes any comments about the thumbnail files.

Quote:
PS. Running 6.3.5 on server, 6.1.9 on clients. Images don't show on clients or server.
BTW: You really ought to be running the same version on the clients & server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1234 View Post
The DVD thumb may get loaded from that location, but the manual is correct: "folder.jpg" should go in the VIDEO_TS directory.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

eureka!!

Andy,
I've contacted the Vatican and nominated you for sainthood!!

It's always the stupid things, huh: so I had extensions off, and turning them on revealed Windows having put an additional .jpg on my cover art files, such that they were called "folder.jpg.jpg".

You totally made my day, and the wife is very pleased. Thanks again, and happy holidays.

P.S. Yeah, I figured having different client/server versions isn't the best call; just hadn't gotten around to upgrading the clients. Hopefully, some HD extender love is in the offing for me, anyway.

cheers, dave
Old 12-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Sage User

.jpg.jpg

For crying out load! I don't class myself as PC dumb, but that just wiped the smile off my face. I suddenly see images!
Andy, thanks pal
Old 12-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Andy, obviously you are _the_ man, but it may almost be worth putting a quick note in the relevant section of the manual to avoid the jpg.jpg problem with windows automatically adding extensions.

Thanks again for your help; nothing like a simple solution to a ludicrously frustrating problem.

cheers,
dave
Old 12-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The DVD thumb may get loaded from that location, but the manual is correct: "folder.jpg" should go in the VIDEO_TS directory.
Ok- I'll admit to not actually looking at the manual when I posted that. But, it does apparently work, since I put the jpg in the wrong place and it shows up