SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question New Convert from MCE Needs A Little Guidance

Greetings all! I'm a new convert from a long-time MediaCenter 2005 build (using MCE for 3 years). I finally decided to make the leap to Sage (mainly because of the awesome PVR vs. MCE) & just bought myself an early Christmas present! (A Sage license).

Right now I'm dealing with a WAF issue. I think if I use the SageMC plugin I can get her to like Sage instead of MS-MCE; however, I can't figure out how to get the 'My Videos' section to function like MCE. I have all my shows & movies called 'TV Shows' & 'Movies'. Within the 'Movies' folder I have four ratings folders 'Rated G', 'Rated PG', etc... In each of those folders is a folder for each movie, with the movie .avi (I've transcoded my entire library to h.264). Additionally, each TV Show/series is broken down to its each series folder/season folder/episodes.avi. (See attached)

My question is, is there a 'guide' on how to setup your videos for SageMC? I guess I don't mind having to go back and "re-do" my library setup; however, I'd like to only have to re-do it once.

Thanks & I look forward to a long relationship with Sage!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp MyVideos.bmp (301.9 KB, 242 views)
File Type: bmp Movies1.bmp (299.8 KB, 224 views)
File Type: bmp Movies2.bmp (299.8 KB, 212 views)
File Type: bmp Movies3.bmp (299.8 KB, 216 views)
File Type: bmp TV1.bmp (299.8 KB, 225 views)
Old 12-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

New Convert from MCE Needs A Little Guidance - Additional Pics

Last two pics of current setup (from original post).

thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp TV2.bmp (299.8 KB, 208 views)
File Type: bmp TV3.bmp (299.8 KB, 209 views)
Old 12-22-2007, 10:23 PM
SageTVaholic

You may want to post the question in the SageMC thread. I have not seen a guide for setting it up, but I can tell you SageMC's dynamic menus allow you to create viewing filters based on folders. You can also sort movies by genre too.

B