SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Sage Expert

change the order of tuner?

how do you change the order of tuners. I have 3 turners. One turner has an STB it records from. I want that turner to be the last one used so its hopefully available when a recording that needs is set to record.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:23 AM
Sage Icon

What you do is set encoder_merit settings for each tuner.

Shut down Sage completely (including the service, if used) and open up the sage.properties file.

In there, you should find your tuner settings.

Look for lines that look like this, mmc/encoders/123456/encoder_merit=0 where 12346 will be different for each tuner. Sage will prefer to use the tuners from highest merit to lowest. So leave your "STB tuner" at merit=0 and bump the other tuners up a couple. Figuring out which tuner is which may be a little difficult. Look at the encoder info for stuff like the device name, and the last channel tuned to help.

That will tell Sage to leave the STB tuner for last, so you won't have the STB tuner tied up recording a "non-STB" channel when a standard tuner could have done the job.

Then just restart Sage. You should then be able to see in the recording schedule (the default UI in parallel display mode is good for this) that the STB tuner is least likely to be used to record non-STB specific channels.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:02 AM
Sage Expert

thank you.

I am not sure if my logic was correct. The tuners listed in the properties file were in the same order as they were in Sage. I knew the second turner was my STB, so I kept the second merit 0 and changed the number of the other two merits.

I loaded sage and set up two immediate recordings, then watched live tv for my third turner on a channel that could be any of the tuners, and there was the dialog showing the stb was changing channels.

The only thing that confused me initially, is the actual listing of tuners did not change, it just something in the background that the user cannot see that changed.

thanks again for your help.