SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
This was a fair question. Sage said they expected to have a fix by the end of January. It is the end of January. Even if they do not have the fix nailed down yet, it is time for them to issue a new ETA for the fix.
I wasn't trying to be offensive or anything. Just curious as to a new ETA {looking at the ugly hole in the front of my HDX}
Old 01-31-2008, 03:15 PM
Administrator

The announcement said that "we expect to be able to send" it to customers by the end of January. But, we all know that expectations can & do often change. I don't have a more precise ETA, other than 'soon', and I don't plan to make up a date, because I expect that whatever date I come up with might not be exact either.

All I can say is that it is being worked on and there will be more details when it is available.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The announcement said that "we expect to be able to send" it to customers by the end of January. But, we all know that expectations can & do often change. I don't have a more precise ETA, other than 'soon', and I don't plan to make up a date, because I expect that whatever date I come up with might not be exact either.

All I can say is that it is being worked on and there will be more details when it is available.

- Andy

Will the availability of the HD Extenders be delayed until such time as this IR issue is resolved, or will they continue to ship (eventually) even though they have an IR issue??
Old 01-31-2008, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
Will the availability of the HD Extenders be delayed until such time as this IR issue is resolved, or will they continue to ship (eventually) even though they have an IR issue??
I had a reply all typed up, but I couldn't think of a thing to say.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

Nothing left to say
Old 01-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't have my HD100(s) yet, but will when they are available. While some of the threads are whining about not knowing exactly when it will be fixed, I admire Sage for 1) admitting there was a problem, and 2) promising to do something about it.

With the component capture box on the horizon, they are maintaining their position in the industry. They are a company that earns their money IMHO.

Wayne
Old 01-31-2008, 09:36 PM
Sage Expert

Indeed!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Sage User

I don't consider asking for information regarding getting a $200 device to properly work to be whining. But, I guess some could argue that this is the price to be paid for being an early adopter. In that light, I suppose complaining about the situation could be construed as whining.

I just want a remote control solution that works, or a solid update on where the issue stands, other than we have no idea. That's a legitimate request. Asking customers to wait 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, etc. for a solution is not a very nice thing to do
Old 02-01-2008, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

I agree with you. If you are leery about doing something with your box to void the replacement; I think the front panel pops off, or can be removed. Not pretty to look at, but should put a band-aid on the problem until the real fix from SageTV without permanently scarring your goods. I can't confirm this until tonight.

B

PS - Keep in mind this is their first OEM device that I am aware of. They are having to deal with the manufacturers in China and with a low order count, they may not get as much attention as we would like.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Sage Expert

I suppose it is easier for someone who has not paid any money for it to say that sage is earning the money!?!? If you had one you would understand that it is impossible to understand how this issue was missed before the initial release of the product.

That siad, I am happy with the reply Andy gave of "soon".
Old 02-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Sage Expert

BTW, this "issue" doesn't affect every unit from what I have read here. My unit works perfectly and I have no issues with a remote whatsoever. Maybe they just tested the few units that worked just right.

The HD extender (even as is) is the best electronic device I have bought in last several years. Our household has multiple servers and PC workstations running, multiple video and photo cameras, cellphones, MP3 players, gadgets, gizmos, you name it. Considering the complexity of features the HD extender provides, it is just amazing that you plugin the unit, install the software and it just works and it is so easy to use that my entire family can use it without any training or explanations. On top of it, it is completely quiet, looks decent and now knowing how much we value its features I think the price is a steal and even if Sage increases its price by 50% I would still get another one. I am just happy I ordered it the day it came out :-).
Old 02-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I suppose it is easier for someone who has not paid any money for it to say that sage is earning the money!?!? If you had one you would understand that it is impossible to understand how this issue was missed before the initial release of the product.

That siad, I am happy with the reply Andy gave of "soon".
I do partially agree. I actually do understand from everything I have read that the IR reception is really bad and should have been caught before final production. But I would guess that this is a low volume product and the first units were more of a Beta.

I would probably be one of the whiners myself! I was really just trying to give Sage kudos for admitting to the problem and promising to fix it. There are far too many companies that are unwilling to do either.

I just wish that I had an HD extender (or 2) myself.

Wayne
Old 02-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo View Post

I just wish that I had an HD extender (or 2) myself.

Wayne
You'll be happy when you do get yours. I'm happy with mine. I'm planning on ordering 2 more when they are available.

I do not think I ever whined about the IR. I just asked for an update when the date they estimated passed and Andy said "soon". That works for me.

I trust Sage to fix this. I expect no one was more dissappointed by it than the folks at Sage were. I know they want this product to be right and I believe it is very close as it is now.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Smile

I purchased 3 HD Extenders, IR is not perfect but this is not a big problem, i can wait for their 'soon' and i trust them. the product is amazing!

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 02-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Administrator

The replacement front panel for the STX-HD100 is now available.

Our private testers have reported that the new panel works much better for IR reception.

For details, see: STX-HD100 Front Panel Replacement Instructions

If you want better IR reception until your replacement panel arrives, you may want to follow the instructions to remove the old panel and use it that way temporarily.

- Andy
Old 02-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Sage Expert

Andy, you guys really ROCK! Best customer support I have ever experienced.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The replacement front panel for the STX-HD100 is now available.

Our private testers have reported that the new panel works much better for IR reception.

For details, see: STX-HD100 Front Panel Replacement Instructions

If you want better IR reception until your replacement panel arrives, you may want to follow the instructions to remove the old panel and use it that way temporarily.

- Andy
Great work and fast resolution for a hardware type issue.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Excellent! I can't wait to get it. The WAF will be off my back.
-pez
Old 02-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Sage Expert

Thumbs up

Awesome.

I haven't ordered an hd extender yet (I plan to soon) but this is great. Super fast fix.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Sage User

Awesome! Thank you Sage for the support and resolution of this problem!!!

I look forward to getting the replacement panel. Other than this IR problem, the HD100 and Sage software is great and I look forward to getting the full capability out of them.

I'm sorry if I came off a bit negative in my previous posts. I was under a bit of stress very recently while our baby was making his way into this world, and not very happy when not hearing about a solution because while some extenders IR may have been working fine, mine wasn't. Great news is that baby is here and is doing great, wife is doing great, and now the extender should work great. Life is great Though, in a bit of irony, with a new baby, I certainly won't have as much time to be using Sage as I once did

Thanks again Sage.