SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Sage Expert

I love your idea of "soon"!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Sage Expert

Smeagal, actually with new baby you have way more time to watch my TV then before. When we had ours, I upped out Netflix membership to double the movies, and recorded TV is a life saver once you have to feed and burb the newborn at 3AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Congratulations Smeagal. I didn't have the luxury of a DVR for my kids - it was just a VCR, but even that was great (for the time). When the kids got older they would literally wear out VCR tapes. I think you will find Sage invaluable for many years to come.

Wayne
Old 02-02-2008, 03:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastafidli View Post
Smeagal, actually with new baby you have way more time to watch my TV then before. When we had ours, I upped out Netflix membership to double the movies, and recorded TV is a life saver once you have to feed and burb the newborn at 3AM.
I'd have to agree here. My wife and I use sage more ever since the birth of our son (he's 3 now). It's mainly because it's cheap entertainment and it's a lot harder to go out.

Sage / Andy: Thanks for the fix and keeping us updated.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:28 PM
SageTVaholic

I'll add my congratulations to Smeagal as well!

Here's a little tip that I found useful. We started recording quite a few foreign shows with subtitles (mostly anime) after the twins were born. The subtitles are great when we have to be quiet or when the babies are crying so that we wouldn't be able to hear the audio anyway.

Best of luck!

Oh, and to get back on topic...Great job SageTV.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 02-02-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Sage Icon

I would just like to add my thanks for the way Sage stepped up and came up with a solution for the IR problem.

I just sent in my request for the new panel.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Sage User

Awesome! Looking forward to it...

Thanks!

James (a.k.a. Smeagal)
Old 02-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just sent in my request...

But wouldn't it have been easier to just send to everyone that has ordered and received the HD extender the replacement front panel?

With that whining out of the way, I wish I had read a few of the threads that had been previously posted about how easy it is to remove the front panel. Following Andy's instructions, I removed the panel in about a minute, and the reception is now just fine.

With the extender in the cabinet behind glass, from a distance of 20 feet you can't even tell the panel is gone! Only thing you see is that the SageTV logo is missing.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Sage Icon

I agree that would make sense since all the original owners seem to have a problem. My mail server crashed and I can't find my original order #. I'd love to get the replacement cover, but I guess it's not going to happen.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
My mail server crashed and I can't find my original order #. I'd love to get the replacement cover, but I guess it's not going to happen.
It is easier (& quicker) for SageTV to handle this if you to send them your order number, but if you can't find it, send them your name, email, or whatever tells them who you are & they can probably look it up.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
My mail server crashed and I can't find my original order #.
Been there.. done that!!

I got a GMAIL account now that I forward a copy of every emailed sales receipt or code to.. hopefully Google's servers won't crash as often as mine seem to!
Old 02-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Sage Icon

I only have myself to blame for the mail server crashing. It was a 20GB hard drive that went bad. I've probably had it 8 years or so (it was huge when I bought it) and I certainly shouldn't have been depending on it. The thing was that it just kept going with no indication of problems until it suddenly and completely died over a period of about 2 hours.

By the way, I sent in the request for the front faceplate. We'll see if they can take care of it.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I only have myself to blame for the mail server crashing. It was a 20GB hard drive that went bad. I've probably had it 8 years or so (it was huge when I bought it) and I certainly shouldn't have been depending on it. The thing was that it just kept going with no indication of problems until it suddenly and completely died over a period of about 2 hours.

By the way, I sent in the request for the front faceplate. We'll see if they can take care of it.
Try putting the hard drive in a zip lock bag and then in the freezer over night. Right from the freezer to the computer and you might be able to recover what you need (may need a couple of iterations doing this.)
Old 02-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Sage Icon

I did that. That's how I recovered as much as I did. It looks like it was dying for a while before I caught it. I thought everything had been recovered. It looked like it had been recovered, but some things just didn't make it.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTuckman View Post
Just sent in my request...

But wouldn't it have been easier to just send to everyone that has ordered and received the HD extender the replacement front panel?
What if the unit was purchased as a gift, or maybe the person has moved since they purchased the item or possibly they had the unit shipped to another location vs their home address. As you can see there are plenty of reasons to get people to send in a request to receive the new front panel IMHO.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTuckman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulink View Post
What if the unit was purchased as a gift, or maybe the person has moved since they purchased the item or possibly they had the unit shipped to another location vs their home address. As you can see there are plenty of reasons to get people to send in a request to receive the new front panel IMHO.
Plus I have no plans to ask for one as mine is working fine not sure they need a front panel for every box so why send one out if it isn't going to be used.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

Received my replacement front panel yesterday. Removing the panel was easy with a flat blade. And even easier to install the new panel.

Overall, it works very well now. I don't have to point the remote directly at the IR sensor, it'll pick up as long as my remote is pointing in the general direction of the IR sensor. It also works when I point it backward at a wall behind the couch. So the signal strenth is quite good.

Anyway, bravo to SageTV for listening to the customers once again.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Sage Icon

Got my replacement panel, works great as well. Super-simple to replace. I like the look of the older panel better of course, but the replacement panel sure looks much better than a drilled front panel...
Old 02-11-2008, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Yea, I received mine Friday but because of my apartment complex's office hours I couldn't pick it up till Saturday. It's made the remote respond a whole lot quicker! I can now point my Harmony pretty much anywhere and it gets picked up. Really nice change!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

I got my replacement front panel, and installed it in 5 minutes. Great fix. Thank you Sage.