SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Looks nice Bialio. So do you have some additional goodies for us to look forward to in the near future?
Old 01-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Sage Expert

I think I found a bug.

If you use the inverted display mode, pressing down in the mini guide makes it go up. And pressing up makes it go down.

-Peter
Old 01-27-2008, 04:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
I think I found a bug.

If you use the inverted display mode, pressing down in the mini guide makes it go up. And pressing up makes it go down.

-Peter
That's actually that way on purpose. Pressing up on the mini guide goes to the next highest channel (2 -> 3). The inverted nav just sets where the higher / lower channels are displayed on screen. The base functionality doesn't change.

btl.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
That's actually that way on purpose.
Seems a bit counterintuitive to me. When you press up in the regular EPG, the highlight bar moves up regardless of which way the channel numbers are listed.

Any chance of making this an optional setting?

BTW, great job on this import.

-Peter
Old 01-27-2008, 04:50 PM
SageTVaholic

It is counterintuitive to me also - however you example doesn't quite fit. When you press up in the normal EPG the highlight moves. When you press up on the AMG the highlight bar stays in the same place - and the list itself is what moves......

btl.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

btl, can you please fix this problem. It took me a while to realize that it was not a bug and done on purpose. It's counterintuitive and backwards as the previous person said..

Also could you please take a look at scaling of the show description text? It's too small when full screen on a high res 1920x1080 display. It looks correct when in a window.

Thanks again for your great work!

Quote:
That's actually that way on purpose. Pressing up on the mini guide goes to the next highest channel (2 -> 3). The inverted nav just sets where the higher / lower channels are displayed on screen. The base functionality doesn't change.

btl.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-27-2008, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

For me, "normal" instead of "inverted" is the correct way. I added the inverted thing because people asked for it.

So you want it inverted as it is now, but for the up / down keys to work backwards from what they currently do?
Old 01-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
So you want it inverted as it is now, but for the up / down keys to work backwards from what they currently do?
Yes please
Old 01-27-2008, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I'll take a look- but I can't make any promises. It's not a bug per se, more of a feature request. The problem is that it starts moving modifications into the core SageMC code rather than the UI layer that AMG currently resides in. Makes the STVi a lot trickier as well as more likely to break other stuff.

btl.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks. We appreciate it! I think you will see more people asking for this "feature" as more people try to use AMG.

Quote:
I'll take a look- but I can't make any promises. It's not a bug per se, more of a feature request. The problem is that it starts moving modifications into the core SageMC code rather than the UI layer that AMG currently resides in. Makes the STVi a lot trickier as well as more likely to break other stuff.

btl.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-28-2008, 01:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.1 is now available on the download page.

Please note that it won't install nicely over version 1.0. You will need to start with a version of SageMC that doesn't already have the AMG imported.

Top post is updated.

btl.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hello,

First, kudos on a great addition to the UI !!!!

For some reason (I might be thick ...), I can't seem to get this to work though.

I have downloaded and extracted the files into my Sage directory, on an install that runs the latest RC and the latest MC release, selected "use STVi" in the MC configuration for mini-guide and no joy.

If I try to import the .xml file from the "import STVi" button in detailed setup, I can't see and select the .xml file and there is no STVi file. If I import the .xml file from the "SageTV Application Package" button, I can see and import the XML file but my interface immediately turns to black and I loose the UI. To regain the UI, I have to deleted the client.properties file and start from scratch.

Am I missing something ? Is there something I can do ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

I ran into an issue last night when using this. It was 10:56pm and I wanted to use the miniguide to see what was coming on at 11pm. With the miniguide on the screen (displaying programs in the 10:30pm slot), I press the right arrow on the remote and it displays the programs that begin at 11pm. But as soon as I press up or down to scroll through the channels, it goes back to displaying the 10:30 slot.

I did not test to see if this is the same behavior as the standard miniguide, but it sure is frustrating.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
I ran into an issue last night when using this. It was 10:56pm and I wanted to use the miniguide to see what was coming on at 11pm. With the miniguide on the screen (displaying programs in the 10:30pm slot), I press the right arrow on the remote and it displays the programs that begin at 11pm. But as soon as I press up or down to scroll through the channels, it goes back to displaying the 10:30 slot.

I did not test to see if this is the same behavior as the standard miniguide, but it sure is frustrating.
That is the same behavior as the standard mini-guide. The good news is that it is already on my list of things I'd like to improve.

btl.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg View Post
Hello,

First, kudos on a great addition to the UI !!!!

For some reason (I might be thick ...), I can't seem to get this to work though.

I have downloaded and extracted the files into my Sage directory, on an install that runs the latest RC and the latest MC release, selected "use STVi" in the MC configuration for mini-guide and no joy.
It sounds like you're having trouble on the import STVi part. The best way to do this is once you have extracted everything to the right place, and are running SageMC 6.3.7+, you go to My Menu->Settings.

Import STVi (should be one of the top two options on the top left) is what you want - NOT Load STV. So select Import STVi from that menu, and an option box will pop up where you can browse to the SageMC_AMG*.xml file. After that you should be set.

btl.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
It sounds like you're having trouble on the import STVi part. The best way to do this is once you have extracted everything to the right place, and are running SageMC 6.3.7+, you go to My Menu->Settings.

Import STVi (should be one of the top two options on the top left) is what you want - NOT Load STV. So select Import STVi from that menu, and an option box will pop up where you can browse to the SageMC_AMG*.xml file. After that you should be set.

btl.
Bialio, it would be good to update the installation instructions on the download page to include that step. That may prevent some confusion. I missed doing that at first due to following the instructions.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
Bialio, it would be good to update the installation instructions on the download page to include that step. That may prevent some confusion. I missed doing that at first due to following the instructions.
done and done.

Thanks,
btl.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:01 AM
SageTVaholic

It doesnt look like you had a chance to fix this in the 1.1 release. I would like to stress that the way we are asking it to work is pretty much the way most guide display by default; and, is considered "normal", not reverse (nor, a feature). Such as the main Guide for SageTV. It's very standard for channels to be listed from smallest to greatest from top to bottom... and the arrow keys should move up and down as expected.

Quote:

btl.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

btl.

Oh, you mean use the "Import STVi" button .... I was trying to do it from the detailed setup page instead of the MC settings page. I didn't even notice that there was a Import STVi button there .

That did it ! It looks even better on my screen than in the forum.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
It doesnt look like you had a chance to fix this in the 1.1 release. I would like to stress that the way we are asking it to work is pretty much the way most guide display by default; and, is considered "normal", not reverse (nor, a feature). Such as the main Guide for SageTV. It's very standard for channels to be listed from smallest to greatest from top to bottom... and the arrow keys should move up and down as expected.
I hear what you are saying, however you have to understand that this is a fixed selection scenario - most EPGs don't keep the selection fixed.

When you navigate on a normal EPG, you move the selection to a new row. When you navigate on the AMG, you move the new row to the selection. It's the list that moves, not the selection.

That being said, there isn't an easy fix for this. I'll look at it if I have time, but no promises.

btl.