SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:42 AM
Sage User

I really like this plugin, but am having one significant problem I can't seem to overcome. When I go through the guide and hit "Select" (Enter), nothing happens for any channel connected through my network encoder. I also have 3 OTA tuners (non-network encoders), and any channel accessed through my OTA cards work fine.

Any ideas? I believe I have ruled out conflicts with other plugins.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
The best way to do this is once you have extracted everything to the right place, and are running SageMC 6.3.7+, you go to My Menu->Settings.
Just where exactly is 'the right place' is that Programs\SageTV\SageTV because when extract it there I can't find the file.

Also, I am running SageTV MC 6.5 and there is no My Menu>Settings. There is only Settings>Detailed Settings>Advanced.

In any event I tried downloading it a whole bunch of different places and then finally found the file in SageMC but it blew up the whole thing and now all I get is a black screen when I load SageTV MC. So, I guess I have to a complete reinstall or is there a way I can reverse this?

Displays: Panasonic 65" P65S2 & 50" PX77E plasmas, 19", 26" & 32" LCDs, 4 HD200s
Source: 2 HD-PVRs, Rogers Toronto SA 8300HD PVR, 4250HD firewire tuned, WHS, SageTV, Sonos 1xZP100 & 3xZP120 wireless audio, Gigabyte GA45-E45-UD3R mobo, 2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo E5200 (2MB L2), Nvidia GeForce 96400GT, 120GB OS drive, 1 & 1.5 TB WD Caviar Green, Mushkin 2GB DDR2 800 SDRAM, El Cheapo case, Corsair 520HX modular Power Supply.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoSage View Post
Just where exactly is 'the right place' is that Programs\SageTV\SageTV because when extract it there I can't find the file.
Yes. Per the instructions, extract to the SageTV\SageTV directory preserving directory structure.

Quote:
Also, I am running SageTV MC 6.5 and there is no My Menu>Settings. There is only Settings>Detailed Settings>Advanced.
Sounds like you're not using the dynamic menus. You would just click on "Settings" and you should see "Import STVi".

Quote:
In any event I tried downloading it a whole bunch of different places and then finally found the file in SageMC but it blew up the whole thing and now all I get is a black screen when I load SageTV MC. So, I guess I have to a complete reinstall or is there a way I can reverse this?
Sounds like you might have selected "Load STV" instead of "Import STVi". You can undo this by shutting down Sage (and the Service if you're running it separately). Edit your Sage.Properties file - find the STV=... line and see if it points to the AMG xml. If so, delete this line and then start Sage again. It should load the default stv. You can then load your latest SageMC STV and then import the AMG STVi.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71_Cuda View Post
Sounds like you're not using the dynamic menus. You would just click on "Settings" and you should see "Import STVi".
Oh. Nowhere does it say in the instructions that you need to use dynamic menus so that's why I did not use them. But, how does one turn them on? I cannot find any setting for them. I just did a search in the SageTV manual for 'dynamic' and then 'dynamic menus' and nothing comes up. I also searched extensively through the menus in the software and see no setting for dynamic menus. How do you turn on dynamic menus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71_Cuda View Post
Sounds like you might have selected "Load STV" instead of "Import STVi". You can undo this by shutting down Sage (and the Service if you're running it separately). Edit your Sage.Properties file - find the STV=... line and see if it points to the AMG xml. If so, delete this line and then start Sage again. It should load the default stv. You can then load your latest SageMC STV and then import the AMG STVi.
Actually everything started hanging. So, I uninstalled SageTV, reinstalled, then the same thing happened, so I uninstalled again and then deleted the directories which took a while, the reinstalled again. Now at least SageTV works. I downloaded the file into c:\programs\sagetv\sagetv

But, now I am back to square one. I can't find out where you load or import this file. On my main screen I have Setup>Detailed Setup>Advanced, but under Advanced there is no Load or Import.

This is a bit frustrating. Are there instructions somewhere on how to install this as there seems to be a lot of steps missing because the instructions don't seem to work?

Displays: Panasonic 65" P65S2 & 50" PX77E plasmas, 19", 26" & 32" LCDs, 4 HD200s
Source: 2 HD-PVRs, Rogers Toronto SA 8300HD PVR, 4250HD firewire tuned, WHS, SageTV, Sonos 1xZP100 & 3xZP120 wireless audio, Gigabyte GA45-E45-UD3R mobo, 2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo E5200 (2MB L2), Nvidia GeForce 96400GT, 120GB OS drive, 1 & 1.5 TB WD Caviar Green, Mushkin 2GB DDR2 800 SDRAM, El Cheapo case, Corsair 520HX modular Power Supply.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:49 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
I'm not sure what your doing but it sounds like your trying to install a SageMC import into the SageTV default UI which are two different things. As far as I'm aware you cannot import the AMG into the default UI so you will therefore need to install SageMC first via Setup>Detailed Setup>Advanced. Once you have SageMC installed and working you will then be able to find settings>install STVi option to install the AMG addon.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I'm not sure what your doing but it sounds like your trying to install a SageMC import into the SageTV default UI which are two different things. As far as I'm aware you cannot import the AMG into the default UI so you will therefore need to install SageMC first via Setup>Detailed Setup>Advanced. Once you have SageMC installed and working you will then be able to find settings>install STVi option to install the AMG addon.
I thought SageMC was a short from for SageTV MC (SageTV Media Center), which I just downloaded and installed and which worked great. Nowhere in the instructions for the Mini Guide does it say that there is a special program called SageMC that you have to first install.

I guess I will install that now then and see if that makes thing easier.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
I thought SageMC was a short from for SageTV MC (SageTV Media Center), which I just downloaded and installed and which worked great. Nowhere in the instructions for the Mini Guide does it say that there is a special program called SageMC that you have to first install.

Get the latest and greatest SageMC here. AMG does also say "Please note that SageMC version 6.3.7a+ is required for this to work" and on the actual download page "This plugin is only for the SageMC STV. SageMC version 6.3.7a+ is required". I guess all these acronyms can be confusing

Last edited by jaminben; 03-06-2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. I assumed you were using SageMC since it is required for this plug-in. Try SageMC as jaminben suggested - it's much better that the standard UI. When using the SageMC interface, you'll see "Import SVTi" after selecting Settings.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

AMG doesnt look right on HD200

I loaded the stock sageMC stv; and imported AMG 2.0 stvi on top of it. It all looks correct on my sageTV PC machine. When I load the stv (with AMG) that was saved earlier on my HD200, instead of seeing the AMG menu on the right hand side when I hit up and down on the remote control, I see only the miniguide OSD on the bottom of the screen (nothing on the right hand side of the screen). I looked under the sageMC options for miniguide options and the only two options I saw was "default" and "old style". I just left it on default. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-08-2009, 08:30 AM
SageTVaholic

There should be an option in there for External STVi as well - although I think in the later SageMC releases it's in a different list item than the Old Style / Default. Still in the same menu though :

My Menu -> Settings -> SageMC -> Main -> Screen Specific options -> Video OSD
Old 04-08-2009, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Correct, thats exactly where I was (mentioned above). The only thing I saw was a miniguide option there that I can only change to = "default" or "old style". I remember there being an option (I cant remember the name ) that I could change from internal to external (or something like that). What exactly am I looking for?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
There should be an option in there for External STVi as well - although I think in the later SageMC releases it's in a different list item than the Old Style / Default. Still in the same menu though :

My Menu -> Settings -> SageMC -> Main -> Screen Specific options -> Video OSD

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
You missed the following:

Dirk
can one get the guide to work on 6.3.8a somehow?
Old 09-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatvent View Post
can one get the guide to work on 6.3.8a somehow?
works fine for me.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Did you do anything special? I go to the Miniguide setting and it gives me default and old style as the options. There is no option of external STVi.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatvent View Post
Did you do anything special? I go to the Miniguide setting and it gives me default and old style as the options. There is no option of external STVi.

OSD Style is set to External STVI.
Miniguide Style is set to Default.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Stupid me. I was using v1.3 of the AMG, not 2.0. All is good now!