SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Sage User

Use eHome remote without focus

So I've just set up a new computer. New install of XP Home. New install of SageTV 6. New remote which came with my Hauppauge HVR-1800: eHome something; it plugs into a USB port.

By telling Sage that this is a MCE most of the buttons work the way one would expect. Even the little green button in the center with the Windows logo works to take Sage from any menu back to main menu.

So how can I make this work without Sage having focus?
How can I make this gain focus?
Can I reprogram buttons to Sage commands?

I've seen all kinds of info on how to do this with older Hauppauge remotes. I can't find anything about this that I can understand. Help!

This is a picture of my remote:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MCE-Remote-2-v1069.jpg (18.8 KB, 206 views)

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10