SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Sage User

Angry Big problem with Google Calendar STV import!!

OK. I installed SageMC about a week ago and I've been customizing the heck out of it. This evening I decided to install the google calendar stv import. I followed the directions (well, 1, 2, and 3 at least) exactly. When I restarted Sage, my user interface is black and white, extremly slow to load, and then completely useless. Nothing works now!!!! Very frustrating. What happened when I installed this? Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way I can uninstall this so I can get all my settings back? I'd really hate to lose all the customizations I've been doing for a week. Please help!

SHANE
Old 01-31-2008, 08:31 PM
SageTVaholic

I haven't had a chance to update the Google Calendar import to be compatible with the latest SageMC (v6.3.7) yet. Among other things it contains an outdated sagemc.jar file. That is probably your main problem. Copy the correct sagemc.jar file from the latest SageMC download into your ...\SageTV\JARs folder and restart SageTV.

SageMC should work again after that, however you won't get the calendar icon on the Main Menu until I update the import. For now you will have to link to the Calendar screen using either the Dynamic Menus or one of the custom menu slots in the standard Main Menu.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-31-2008, 08:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Shane, I dont have the answer to your problem; but just a suggestion for the future.

It's very good practice to always backup your whole SageTV directory and all its contents to somewhere safe before installing and upgrading SageTV software. You can experiment with various addons and plugins and see what works for you; and, what need you need to revert back to. Good luck!

-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshanes View Post
OK. I installed SageMC about a week ago and I've been customizing the heck out of it. This evening I decided to install the google calendar stv import. I followed the directions (well, 1, 2, and 3 at least) exactly. When I restarted Sage, my user interface is black and white, extremly slow to load, and then completely useless. Nothing works now!!!! Very frustrating. What happened when I installed this? Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way I can uninstall this so I can get all my settings back? I'd really hate to lose all the customizations I've been doing for a week. Please help!

SHANE

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-31-2008, 08:37 PM
Sage User

WOW! What a lifesaver. That fixed it. I was really worried there for a minute. Thanks for the quick response. The wife was ticked when she sat down to watch American Idol and then this!
Thanks again!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:39 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI, I have removed the sagemc.jar file from the Google Calendar download as a temporary measure until I can get an update posted.

Sorry for the trouble.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 01-31-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:43 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Shane, I dont have the answer to your problem; but just a suggestion for the future.

It's very good practice to always backup your whole SageTV directory and all its contents to somewhere safe before installing and upgrading SageTV software. You can experiment with various addons and plugins and see what works for you; and, what need you need to revert back to. Good luck!

-Michael
Lesson Learned!
thanks
Old 03-26-2008, 05:57 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
FYI, I have removed the sagemc.jar file from the Google Calendar download as a temporary measure until I can get an update posted.

Sorry for the trouble.

Aloha,
Mike
Mike,
Have you had a chance to update this to work with SageMC 6.3.7 yet?
thanks