SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:50 AM

Hauppauge 45 button remote not controlling DirecTV box in Sage

I have searched the forum and not found this specific issue, so here goes.

I have the Hauppauge HVR-1600 with the 45 button remote and Sage 6.3. The remote controls Sage properly. Using the Hauppauge IR configuration, the remote/IR blaster can change channels on my DirecTV box (RCA UltimateTV). The problem is that Sage does not send commands to the DirecTV box through the IR blaster. When using the Hauppauge IR configuration, I can see the blaster light up each time a command is sent. In Sage, when I select a DirecTV channel from the program guide, the blaster gives no sign that a command has been sent.

Again, the remote works in Sage otherwise - menu navigation, record, play, pause, etc. Sage just is not sending IR commands to the satellite box.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:30 PM

Resolved

Didn't figure out the specific issue, but I got it resolved. I downloaded the most recent Hauppauge setup CD, did the hwclear and reinstall, then removed and reinstalled Sage. Ran through the Sage setup (it had saved my settings) and now Sage is correctly changing channels on my UTV box.