SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

QAM Channel Maps - BAY AREA UNITE

Hey, I wanted to get a gist of what everyone is getting in terms of the Clear QAM out in the SF-San Jose-Oakland Bay Area.

I've done the "search automatically" and each time I get a few discrepancies. For example, one time I did the search, I got 91-12, which is movieplex. Another time I did the search, I discovered I had NBA TV, but had to manually add movieplex.

I wanted to make a comprehensive list of what channels we are getting to try to get all the Clear QAM channels.

The link is from TitanTV. A big play, but it only provides digital channels up to 66.1:
http://www.titantv.com/quickguide/quickguide.aspx

Since TitanTV has everything up to channel 66.1, I'd like to focus on the digital channels after that.

Here is what I have from memory:

91-12 - movieplex (interesting note, my TV has this listed as 91-13)
102-1 - sometimes a movie is being shown, but blank when no movie is playing... odd. Is this a VOD channel? If so, where is it coming from?
103-1 - same as 102-1

Feel free to add to this list. I'll get the channel for NBATV and post it on here when I get back home.

Please help me create the end all of Clear QAM channels out here. The wiki link for Clear QAM is heavily lacking info.

Last edited by mets3145; 02-12-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Getting Way More Channels in Oakland

I am using a WinTV 1800 from Hippauge
I live in Oakland
I have Comcast Digital Preffered Service with no Settop

WinTV Found 58 Channels
SageTV found 60 Channels
Vizio TV found 56 Channels

I need to map them all out and it will be very difficult becuase there are at least 7-8 Spanish Channels(good for my wife who is learning spanish), 6-8NBA On Demand Channels(useless), at least 5 KQED channels, Movieplex, HD and DT versions of CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, Other Locals.

So out of the 60 or so channels if I subtract off the on demand channels and duplicate DT channels maybe I get 10 channels worth watching.

You can get a no cost DT convertor box and if you have preffered digital then you can pick up at least 7 more digital movie channels but the box does not provide any HD so it would be your analog source. The other movie channels must be digitally encrypted.

I will get a list of frequencies from WinTV and Sage Tonight and maybe from my TV also.

Please note that I had to add an amplifier at my cable outlet to get all these channels and for the WINTV QAM to work.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wink Add on to last post

I have digital preffered becuase I did the phone, internet, cable triple play. They would not give me the Basic Digital for the triple play package.

When my plan expires this summer I down grade my cable service.

Regards,

Tony
Old 02-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah, outside of the HD broadcasts of the local channels (Fox, CBS, etc.), I only found NBA TV and movieplex to be useful.

I wonder what 102-1 and 103-1 are...

Try those channels out OldPC, and tell me what you get.