SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to Underfunded Send a message via AIM to Underfunded Send a message via Yahoo to Underfunded
Hardware Upgrades - Advice Needed

OK, I need to build another computer for my home environment as a test system for other activities. I figure this is a great chance to upgrade my HTPC. Here is what I am looking at currently:

Intel DP35DP Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Dual Core Processor
Corsair 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit

I have everything else but need a recommendation for the video card. I have a HDHR that I watch a lot of high def TV through and have a 46" 1080p LCD. What card would you recommend?

Thanks,
Ian.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

I would recommend the HD extender.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to Underfunded Send a message via AIM to Underfunded Send a message via Yahoo to Underfunded
I think you might be missing the point of my post. I already have an existing HTPC. I need to build another computer for software testing purposes (job related). I will upgrade the components of my HTPC and reuse the parts from that for my test computer. An HD Extender would not be an option in this case because I would not have a computer to act as a server for the files.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underfunded View Post
OK, I need to build another computer for my home environment as a test system for other activities. I figure this is a great chance to upgrade my HTPC. Here is what I am looking at currently:

Intel DP35DP Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Dual Core Processor
Corsair 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit

I have everything else but need a recommendation for the video card. I have a HDHR that I watch a lot of high def TV through and have a 46" 1080p LCD. What card would you recommend?

Thanks,
Ian.
I'm having good results from an ATI 3450. Also, I really like the Nvidia 650i chipset mobos.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post
I'm having good results from an ATI 3450. Also, I really like the Nvidia 650i chipset mobos.
I have an older ATI right now that is working well for me. The one issue I have is that I can not get rid of the black border around my picture when I run at 1080p. Do the new ATI cards suffer from this as well?