SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Fastrack
Unhappy HD Tuner not being selected (HDHR Dual Tuners not being used during timeslot)

Hi all,

Jericho is on Tuesdays @ 10pm on 4-1 (WIVBDT) the HD flag is present, however the favorite picks "A-Channel" an Analog channel which shows it at 9pm on the same day. And the Epsoide ids are exactly the same.

Here you can see there's only 5 shows recording on Tuesday and only 1 at 10pm on an Analog Tuner (since I do not get Discovery on the HD OTA Tuner)
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10...1/snap1234.jpg

Here you can see via additional airings that Jericho is on at 10pm and it's HD flag is set:

What can I do to fix this issue? I don't want to set the favorite to a hard coded channel since the US networks seem decide week by week if they are airing shows. I tried selecting multi-channels in the favorites (I'm running 6.3.10) but this didn't help it still picked "A-Channel"!

I record many HD shows throughout the week, and SageTV selects the HD channel for everything but this 2 odd shows. Any ideas?

I had this issue a few months ago for Numb3rs, and never did find a solution.

Thanks,
Tuners: HDHomeRun v1, Hauppauge HVR1600
Video: BenQ W5000 1080p, ASUS ATI 6670
Storage (10TB): Seagate 2TB, Hitachi Coolspin 2TB x 4 Data Drives + 2TB x 2 Parity Drives using FlexRaid 2.0 (RAID6 T2+)
SageTV: 7.1.9 Final ?

Last edited by Opus4; 03-02-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Use links to very wide images; don't post them inline
Old 03-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Sage Icon

I doubt if there is any automatic way of correcting. If you see it in advance you can make the one you want a manual recording.
I suspect the problem occurs because Sage selected the first occurance of the show. I expect that if they were both on at the same time then the HD version would have been selected. You might bring it to the attention of support and see if they consider it a bug.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Sage User

I'm really new to SageTV (so there may be a better solution with Sage that I don't know about), but I had the same problem with my MCE setup. To control this I went into the Series setting and told it to only record on the HD channel. This worked really well on MCE and so far has worked well on SageTV.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Fastrack
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelwood View Post
I'm really new to SageTV (so there may be a better solution with Sage that I don't know about), but I had the same problem with my MCE setup. To control this I went into the Series setting and told it to only record on the HD channel. This worked really well on MCE and so far has worked well on SageTV.
Yeah that works perfectly, but since one is a US network and one is Canadian I like leaving it up to SageTV since I've seen weeks go by and the Canadian Channel shows the show but the US one doesn't.

I will email SageTV and report it as a bug.

What I submitted as a suggestion to the problem to the bugs SageTV email:
I was under the impression that SageTV was supposed to Favour HD shows? It seems to work fine when the shows are on at the same time, so this is probably a case where SageTV records the first instance of the show.

A work around in the Favorite setup would be to Favour HD, but still have "ANY" selected or even a group of channels - and then if the HD show isn't showing the show it would still record the analog. As I've seen a US network not broadcast a show and a Canadian one broadcast it.
Tuners: HDHomeRun v1, Hauppauge HVR1600
Video: BenQ W5000 1080p, ASUS ATI 6670
Storage (10TB): Seagate 2TB, Hitachi Coolspin 2TB x 4 Data Drives + 2TB x 2 Parity Drives using FlexRaid 2.0 (RAID6 T2+)
SageTV: 7.1.9 Final ?

Last edited by Fastrack; 03-03-2008 at 07:25 AM.