SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Exclamation HD100 and SageMC - Beyond Irritated - Please Help...

Ok, so...I bought two extenders this time around. Imagine my joy when they both arrived last Friday and I got to play all weekend. Whee!

One worked like a charm, set it up in my living room...got it going in no time flat. Even set it up with SageMC. I'm a very happy guy.

My second unit isn't having so much luck, and I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with it. Won't reset using the "cure all"...really can't get it to do anything but give me a red power light. Regardless, that's not the point here...

The problem that I have now, is that after re-installing some things (I won't go into why because it's not important) I flat out can NOT get SageMC to work on my Extender. It works fine on a regular Client.

As of this moment, I have completely reinstalled EVERYTHING. Uninstalled SageTV (my server) and re-installed a 100% fresh copy of the 6.3.10RC. Fired up my extender...works great (the default STV always has).

I then proceeded to install the latest 6.3.7a install of SageMC on my server. Files in place, import the STV on my Extender aaannnd...crap out. I get a pixelated frozen screen I can do nothing with. I have to manually go into the properties file in the /clients/ folder and reset the STV I'm using just to get it to work.

I import SageMC on my client, and it works like a champ.

I even tried the full reset of my extender, which seems to have worked...but not fixed the SageMC/Extender issue I seem to be having.

Below are some photos of my frozen pixelated mess. Please, please, please help...

Meh.
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 03-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Sage Icon

I'm having the same problem on my MVP (my HD100 works perfectly). I think it is something in the client's settings. Have you tried to remove the HD100's mac_address.properties file and let the extender re-build it?
Old 03-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

On your new install, did you install java 1.6? Or did you just stick with what sage installs? Because I'm pretty sure sage installs 1.4 and sageMC needs 1.6.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Also make sure you used the full install (20+mb w/ all the graphics) instead of just the upgrade (jars and stv) on the server.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks guys, interesting ideas...

toricred:
I reinstalled SageTV in full, which removed any <mac>.properties files. So it was recently re-created. I had the same issue before the full re-install...and still do.

mtyme:
I did not reinstall my OS, just SageTV. So, unless SageTV overwrites a newer version of JAVA, I doubt that would be the issue. The whole setup worked at one time... Right now, I have the following JAVA-related items installed:

Java 2 Runtime Environmen 1.4.2_13
Java(TM) 6 Update 2
Java(TM) 6 Update 3
Java(TM) 6 Runtime Environment 6 Update 1

Going to Java.com, I did a self-test and this is the result:

====
Verified Java Version
Congratulations!
You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 3).
====

So, unless I'm missing something, I think I'm in good shape...right?

evilpenguin:
Full install of SageTV and SageMC. I uninstalled everything first, so had no other choice.

Thanks folks!
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 03-04-2008, 05:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Thanks guys, interesting ideas...

toricred:
I reinstalled SageTV in full, which removed any <mac>.properties files. So it was recently re-created. I had the same issue before the full re-install...and still do.

mtyme:
I did not reinstall my OS, just SageTV. So, unless SageTV overwrites a newer version of JAVA, I doubt that would be the issue. The whole setup worked at one time... Right now, I have the following JAVA-related items installed:

Java 2 Runtime Environmen 1.4.2_13
Java(TM) 6 Update 2
Java(TM) 6 Update 3
Java(TM) 6 Runtime Environment 6 Update 1

Going to Java.com, I did a self-test and this is the result:

====
Verified Java Version
Congratulations!
You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 3).
====

So, unless I'm missing something, I think I'm in good shape...right?

evilpenguin:
Full install of SageTV and SageMC. I uninstalled everything first, so had no other choice.

Thanks folks!
Uninstall all the java packages except for Update 3.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Just to add in my two cents also. I had the same issue a while back with the black screens and messed up layout, and it too was related to Java on the server. I also suggest you uninstall all of the old versions, and just to be safe, all versions, then install the latest version. That fixed me right away at the time.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtyme View Post
On your new install, did you install java 1.6? Or did you just stick with what sage installs? Because I'm pretty sure sage installs 1.4 and sageMC needs 1.6.
the latest Sage beta (6.3.10) installed JRE 1.6 update 3 or 4 on my machine.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I then proceeded to install the latest 6.3.7a install of SageMC on my server. Files in place, import the STV on my Extender aaannnd...
Just to be sure, you are not actually "importing" the STV (xml) file are you? And you arent loading the old SageMC16_9.STV file are you? Should be loading the SageMC16_9.xml file (not importing it).
Old 03-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Whoo!

Ok, so...uninstalled all JAVA versions. Reinstalled the latest (6.5). Voila. Seems to have a done the trick and I'm a much happier person because of it. <grin>

I still find is strange that a CLIENT running on the same server could run SageMC, but the extender attached to that same server couldn't. Very odd to me...

Regardless, at this point I don't care any more. Me happy.

Thanks for all the great ideas and everyone's help...

Cheers ->
Media Server / NAS:
Old 03-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Sage Icon

In my case it works perfectly on both my HD Extenders and only has the problem on an MVP. There's only one version of Java on the server and it is version 1.6 update 4. I recently completely rebuilt the server from scratch.