SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Sage User

Not all my buttons on my MCE remote work

I'm using Vista with my MCE remote. Most of the buttons work but the "stop" button doesn't do anything. Is there a way to map that button to a SageTV function?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 02:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Detailed Setup-Commands-Link remote to a Sage Command. (something like that)

Find the command click on it. Point the remote and hit the button you want for that command.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Detailed Setup-Commands-Link remote to a Sage Command. (something like that)

Find the command click on it. Point the remote and hit the button you want for that command.

Gerry
I tried that and SageTV doesn't recognize the button. I see the red light on my IR receiver light up but Sage doesn't see the key press. It doesn't see others too like skip forward and back,Record. It sees play, FF,rewind, all the number buttons work fine. Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 03-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Did you select MCE Remote in Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Remote Control Configuration?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Did you select MCE Remote in Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Remote Control Configuration?

- Andy
Yes. And these few buttons function fine in Windows media center but don't seem to function outside of it.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Are there any other suggestions for ths problem, as I've just setup a new client machine and I'm getting exactly the same issue?

All buttons work except the really useful one's

Play
Stop
Pause
FF and RW 1
FF and RW 2
CH-PG Up
CH-PG Down
Mute

The IR Reciever is blinking to show that a signal is being recieved, but the "Show commands" section in sage shows nothing for those buttons.

Could it be a problem with my IRremote.ini file?
I have attached it to this post for inspection.

Thanks in advance

John
Attached Files
File Type: zip Irremote.zip (7.7 KB, 198 views)
Old 03-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

No suggestions at all?
Old 03-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Sage Icon

John, are you using a MCE remote, or the Hauppauge remote?

Reason I ask is that this is an MCE remote thread, but the IRremote.ini file you mentioned is for the Hauppuauge remote.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm using the MCE remote and the Receiver that comes with it.
If that's the wrong IRremote.ini file, how do I go about getting the right one?
Old 03-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Sage Icon

IRremote.ini is for a Hauppauge program, AFAIK, it has nothing to do with MCE remotes at all. Nothing you do to IRremote.ini will affect MCE.

My parent's Sage box uses an MCE remote and doesn't even have IRremote.ini. IIRC, when I set their system up, I just had to disable the MCE services and then tell Sage that I was using the MCE remote.

I'd do a search in the forum for MCE remotes and see what you can find. I do know that there are alternate drivers/programs that you can use with the MCE remote to change functionality.

edit: just to confirm you now have the MCE remote, http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_inf...emote-controls , not still using the 45-button Hauppauge remote you mentioned using previously?

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.

Last edited by ke6guj; 03-11-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

I see, I wasn't sure whether it used remote.ini or not, but I thought it best to add it just in case it held the answer.
I've been searching the forums and the web for the last few days but only found workarounds.
Looks like I may have to settle for one of these.

Thanks for the response though
Old 03-12-2008, 07:36 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@TunerUK View Post
I've been searching the forums and the web for the last few days but only found workarounds.
Looks like I may have to settle for one of these.
Please post the links to the workarounds you found; it may help me.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

There's a program called HIP which I downloaded last night and got the extra buttons, but the working buttons started to press twice for every single press of the button. I'm sure this could be sorted though.
However, my problem has, as of an hour ago been solved. There was a piece of software on the client that was interupting the signals from the remote. It was for a cheap wireless keyboard and mouse, and deleting it using "Add/Remove Programs" gave me a fully functional remote. I can't remember the exact name of the software, but it ended in the word "Combo".
I'd have a good look in there and delete anything that might be input related.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Sage User

John,

See that post was very helpful to me. Once I read your post I realized the my M$ wireless keyboard and mouse software may be doing the same as your software did. I stopped the M$ programs from loading and all my buttons work now. Thanks for the help.

Ralph
Old 03-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@TunerUK View Post
There's a program called HIP which I downloaded last night and got the extra buttons, but the working buttons started to press twice for every single press of the button. I'm sure this could be sorted though.
Did you get the two button press problem fixed? Because I am having the same problem and cannot figure out how to fix it.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

I never had to fix it, because my remote started working. But a quick scan on google found this which may help you.

Possible fix webpage
Quote:
With HIP I get 2 Keys acknowledged for every key press - What is Wrong?
This is because you have NOT installed the MCE replacement driver...the default drivers issue both key strokes AND a MCE Codes. So you have 2 choices

Use the Keyboard Interface in HIP with the default driver and NOT the HipMCE Plugin
Use the Replace MCE Driver as described above
Old 09-11-2008, 12:23 AM

I know this post is old but I found a fix.

When I looked in device manager under keyboards I found the Microsoft EhomeRemote control keyboard keys. When I uninstalled that, I had no more double button presses. But when I restart they are reinstalled.
I then stumbled upon this link:
http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6130
I have not tested it yet, I will come back and let you know.
And those forums are for a program called "Intelliremote," is very nice, I just got it today, makes things very easy compared to girder...which I did not understand at all.

Update:
I changed those registry entries and restarted and that did the trick for me, I did not follow through with step#2.

Last edited by sgpigeon; 09-11-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:46 AM

MCE Remote

I have the same problem. Only certain commands of the MCE Remote make it through to SageTV. I am using WinXP and have some extensive testing, but to no avail. However, here are some observations:

- The same problem exists when using the Hauppauge remote. Only certain buttons work.

- Volume up/down is not recognised in SageTV, but in the OS. I can change the volume, as long as the focus is not SageTV.

- The remote works fine in Vista with Vista MC. Also, since the Hauppauge remote work, I don't think it is a problem with the remote.

- The same issue exists when using MediaPortal. It too recognises only certain buttons (the same ones as SageTV). Therefore, I don't think it's a SageTV problem.

- XP wants to install drivers for an IR Keyboard. I have tried various drivers, but no luck.

- In device manager, several devices are created from the Remote Receiver. I have tried several drivers and all are shown as working ok in device center. However, I can't disable any of the devices related to the IR receiver.

- The Hauppauge IR device has the same issue. It can't be disabled in device center. The Hauppauge tuner can though.

And now I'm fresh out of ideas. There has to be a way to get this working. Anybody else made any progress?

Cheers
Carsten
Old 10-03-2008, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsten View Post
I have the same problem. Only certain commands of the MCE Remote make it through to SageTV. I am using WinXP and have some extensive testing, but to no avail. However, here are some observations:

- The same problem exists when using the Hauppauge remote. Only certain buttons work.

- Volume up/down is not recognised in SageTV, but in the OS. I can change the volume, as long as the focus is not SageTV.

- The remote works fine in Vista with Vista MC. Also, since the Hauppauge remote work, I don't think it is a problem with the remote.

- The same issue exists when using MediaPortal. It too recognises only certain buttons (the same ones as SageTV). Therefore, I don't think it's a SageTV problem.

- XP wants to install drivers for an IR Keyboard. I have tried various drivers, but no luck.

- In device manager, several devices are created from the Remote Receiver. I have tried several drivers and all are shown as working ok in device center. However, I can't disable any of the devices related to the IR receiver.

- The Hauppauge IR device has the same issue. It can't be disabled in device center. The Hauppauge tuner can though.

And now I'm fresh out of ideas. There has to be a way to get this working. Anybody else made any progress?

Cheers
Carsten

have you gotten any further with this? I too am attempting to teach MCE remote Sage commands, and not all keys are responding.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Sage Icon

Pulling this out of some old memory banks, but to get the MCE remote and receiver to work in XP, I thought you needed to install "Update Rollup 2 for eHome Receiver"....there's a sticky for it somewhere.

Sage supports the MCE remote natively, I don't think it'll even show anything in the mapping screen at all. I'd make sure any and all VMC/MCE stuff is disabled...something could be grabbing the receiver first.

P

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Last edited by Polypro; 10-04-2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Link