SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

SageMC recording view request - recordings in order

Not sure if anyone else is running into this, but as long as people are asking for view styles ...

I've got 5 tuners, and try to avoid overlap, but sometimes it just happens. The problem arises when the beginning of one program is actually captured at the end of another. Thanks to SageTV, I don't know what's on when for a lot of my shows. I certainly don't know what network airs each show. So it's nearly impossible to figure out which recording includes the beginning of the show I want to watch.

It would be VERY handy if there were a view that showed all shows in actual recording order. Alternatively, maybe some way to see what the prior and following recordings are (same tuner) for the selected show. For instance, if I was to start Reaper and see that the beginning was missing, it would be great if I could quickly see that the prior recording on that channel and tuner was Smallville. Likewise, if the end of Smallville was missing, it could show that Reaper was recorded next.

Hope that's clear, and that I'm not the only one that this would help. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Sage Icon

You can sort Recordings by Date that does look like it does sort in actual recording order.

I do understand how being able to see an actual recording order on a specic tuner could be a nice thing to have.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Sage Expert

You can kind of tell that from the tuner icon with the tuner number in it. if you view the recordings by date/time and visually look for the tuner number on the recordings....

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
You can sort Recordings by Date that does look like it does sort in actual recording order.

I do understand how being able to see an actual recording order on a specic tuner could be a nice thing to have.
Well, color me stupid - never saw that option.

On the other hand, it doesn't help too much when I'm trying to find the prior/next recordings of an older show. My default view groups shows by Title (pretty standard). If I'm at a show, and I find I need the prior show, there is no easy way to find it. I have to go back to the Recordings hierarchy, change to "By Date", then find the show I was trying to watch. I've got close to 400 shows recorded now, so it's not a trivial process.

Would still love to see a simple way to find the prior and following programs for any given show.