SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Sage Expert

How to filter pictures or select slideshow to play

Is there an import or STV or feature in native sagetv, which would allow me to filter pictures that are being show during screensaver slideshow or create specific slideshow to play during screensaver?

There are some pictures in our library which we do not want to share with visitors but as Muphy's law says they always come up when visitors are around. At this time we just dont use extender when we have visitors around. What I am looking for to either select pictures that should be ignored during screensaver slideshow or somehow create set of pictures that should be played during screensaver slideshow.

This is the only thing which stands between me and 100% WAF. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Sage Expert

30 views and no reply? Should I assume that this is something that is not possible with Sage nor with neither one of the plugins? Thank you.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

If you use the Dynamic Menus plugin then take a look here:
MenuItemLets

If you're good with xml and understand some of the different expressions you may be able to call up just certain directories for the pictureshow. There is one for the pictureshow already but it just offers 3 different sorting options.

I'm not aware of this being built into the core or an actual plugin having what you're looking for.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Sage Icon

I too have this trouble and feel it should be addressed in the default installation.

Screen saver and music slideshows should be configurable to some extent, even if it requires special folders just for screen savers and visualzations.

This really should have some priority in development, as most want access to all their pictures through the interface but don't want certain ones popping up during slideshow.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Sage Icon

I guess I have a newbee question. I looked over the slide show option (through a HD extender) and even viewed some slide shows over the weekend. I thought you choose the folder of pictures you wanted to see in a slide show.

For example, I have my pictures sorted by month and year (I know, not the greatest way of doing it). So I was able to watch a slide show of just December 2007 by selecting that folder and starting the slide show (and choosing to view that folder only).

Is this NOT in fact the way it worked? If it does work this way, it might be a little work, but you could always create a new folder named "Visitor slideshow" or something similar and move the pictures you want to share with visitors into that folder.

I guess the best way would be if Sage would allow you to tag a flag a file and Sage would read that flag to see if it should be shown in a slide show or not, but I don't think that is available right now.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks to all who chimed in. There are multiple ways to look at this:

Lets say I came from vacation with 700 pictures and I do not want visitors to see 10% of them. I could split them by folder 70 in one, 630 in other but that just plainly sucks since then I have to go to two locations to see all of them (e.g. when working with them outside of Sage).

Simplistic implementation of Ideal solution would be to maybe have flag on any file (picture, movie, song) in Sage "Private/Public..." and then set Sage to certain mode. Show Public only, Show Public and Private.

Or I can go and create my "best of" folder and let screen saver play only this folder when visitors are coming. Not the best solution but as a workaround it would work. Better solution would be to have ability to create playlist for pictures. This seems so trivial I have no clue why is this not there.

I havent seen an option in HD extender where I can select folder for screen saver slideshow. I will look for it or maybe somebody may point me to this option.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Sage Expert

So I have updated yesterday to 6.3.10 just to make sure I am on the latest and then checked all the menu options in the HD extender and there is simple no option I can find to configure the screensaver slideshow. It seems that it always plays all the pictures from all the import directories I have setup. Any other ideas how to prevent some pictures from showing in screensaver slideshow would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't think it can be done in the default install without moving the pictures. If you move them to a directory outside of your photo import directory they wouldn't show up... And you couldn't see them.

They really should add an option to the screensaver slideshow to specificy one directory to use for it.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD

Last edited by Slipshod; 03-21-2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipshod View Post
They really should add an option to the screensaver slideshow to specificy one directory to use for it.
I agree!