SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:16 PM

SageMC Menu Customization

Ok so i cant seem to find anything that directly answers my question, basically i have no desire to record TV with sage i would like to handle all my videos, basically from main menu i would like
HD Movies
TV
Movies
all that link to a dif directory or folder, not to a live source
like HD Movies pulls from D:
TV on E:
non HD movies from f:
i dont want it to take 3 days loading one folder since i have quite a bit of data. I want it sorted for the less computer oriented people in my household.

And lastly i was wondering if there is a mass imdb search program like to have it search all my movies for me without me having to do it individually.
Thanks
Old 03-17-2008, 08:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuppasteve View Post
Ok so i cant seem to find anything that directly answers my question, basically i have no desire to record TV with sage i would like to handle all my videos, basically from main menu i would like
HD Movies
TV
Movies
all that link to a dif directory or folder, not to a live source
like HD Movies pulls from D:
TV on E:
non HD movies from f:
i dont want it to take 3 days loading one folder since i have quite a bit of data. I want it sorted for the less computer oriented people in my household.
Yes, you can define Menu items (with the dynamic main menu) that link to your imported videos and define a "filter" for each of them, e.g.:

Code:
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="D:\Video\SageTV Client\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\MyTheme\MenuIcons\hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="HD Videos">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "D:\")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>

<internalScreenMenuItem icon="D:\Video\SageTV Client\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\MyTheme\MenuIcons\hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="TV Recordings">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "E:\")</evalExpression>
Dirk
Old 04-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Sage User

Are there any other filters that we can apply in the same way?
I'm specifically looking to filter for unwatched videos.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Yes, you can define Menu items (with the dynamic main menu) that link to your imported videos and define a "filter" for each of them, e.g.:

Dirk
I just tried this to create a section for my Movies, and then another for my TV Series DVDs, but my media is on another machine. It's linked to Sage as \\server\videos\Movies and \\server\videos\TV Shows. I tried placing these paths in the code you supplied, and it does not work. I tried mapping the drives, but Sage won't let you import from mapped network drives. Is there another way to achieve this? Am I doing this wrong?

Thanks,
jrog

3x HD100 HD Extenders
Old 06-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrog View Post
I just tried this to create a section for my Movies, and then another for my TV Series DVDs, but my media is on another machine. It's linked to Sage as \\server\videos\Movies and \\server\videos\TV Shows. I tried placing these paths in the code you supplied, and it does not work. I tried mapping the drives, but Sage won't let you import from mapped network drives. Is there another way to achieve this? Am I doing this wrong?

Thanks,
jrog
Try doubling your slashes ie:
\\\\server\\videos\\Movies
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 06-14-2008, 02:59 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Try doubling your slashes ie:
\\\\server\\videos\\Movies
Humm, not working for me. Am doing:

<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_movies.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Movies">
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\Bigboi\\Media\\Movies")</evalExpression>

Anyone get this working with UNC paths?

I'd also be very interested in being able to create filters based off of tags in wiz.bin (like year, genre, etc).

Thanks!

Last edited by mherce; 06-14-2008 at 03:46 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:02 AM
Sage Expert

From memory, I believe the the path is an offset of the import video path. for example a file called "\\server\share\Movies\Action\somemovie", the imported video path would be "\\server\share\Movies" and the XML file for the path filter would contain "Action" and all movies under the Action folder would be displayed.

I believe that filter is only on the path/file name...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 06-14-2008, 07:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mherce View Post
Humm, not working for me. Am doing:

<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\Bigboi\\Media\\Movies")</evalExpression>

Thanks!
Check your sage.properties file for the setting "seeker/archive_directory". The path listed there must match exactly the path you are listing in the menu filter.... at least mine does.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:01 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphipps View Post
From memory, I believe the the path is an offset of the import video path. for example a file called "\\server\share\Movies\Action\somemovie", the imported video path would be "\\server\share\Movies" and the XML file for the path filter would contain "Action" and all movies under the Action folder would be displayed.

I believe that filter is only on the path/file name...
I think this might be where I am messing things up but I am not clear on the fix. So my import path is "\\Bigboi\Media". Under that there are these directories: Movies, Home Video, Misc Video, Music Videos, Trailers and TV.

So how would I use the filter expression to make a link in my menu.xml for movies?

Thanks!
Old 06-21-2008, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

I believe the filter must match the import path exactly, therefore, you would need a seperate import path created for Movies ("\\Bigboi\Media\Movies"). You would then need the other directories that were at the same level as Movies to be at another level... for example, move the directories "Home Video, Misc Video, Music Videos, Trailers and TV" to a new path like "\\Bigboi\Media\Other" and make that another import path. You would then have 2 import paths ("\\Bigboi\Media\Movies" and "\\Bigboi\Media\Other") and you would filter the Movies path.

Ken
Old 06-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Sage User

Yes that worked. I had only \\Bigboi\Media as the import path. Once I broke it up into individual folders, I was able to use the path filtering.

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:34 AM

Question Got the dynamic menu, having issues mapping to remote button

I have a dynamic menu setup that takes me to a custom view of my video library that has videos from all import directories but one. Now I'm trying to setup the Videos button on my remote to take me to this dynamic menu rather than the full video library.

I setup this dynamic menu to have a shortcut key of Custom1 (I've tried the other Custom buttons too). I then map the Videos button to Custom1. I've disabled the RSS options that use Custom1 and Custom2. However, now when I press the Videos button, it takes me to "My TV".

I've read in previous posts that Custom1-5 are pre-setup in SageMC. Is there a way to disable the pre-setup mapping for Custom1-5? Is there another way to accomplish this? Thanks for any help.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPumpkin View Post
I've read in previous posts that Custom1-5 are pre-setup in SageMC. Is there a way to disable the pre-setup mapping for Custom1-5? Is there another way to accomplish this? Thanks for any help.
I'm curious about this as well. Actually though I thought only the Custom 1-3 actions were pre-set in SageMC and the 4-5 were customizable.

Custom 1 = My TV
Custom 2 = Recorded TV
Custom 3 = Movies
Old 08-21-2008, 12:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Forgive me ignorance, but where do I add the below XML code? Looking at the sageMC directory, I see menu layouts, but they don't seem to be XML. Also, will I be able to disable deleting in one option (say Movies), but enable it in another (say podcasts).

Thanks,
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post

Code:
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="D:\Video\SageTV Client\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\MyTheme\MenuIcons\hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="HD Videos">
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "D:\")</evalExpression>

<internalScreenMenuItem icon="D:\Video\SageTV Client\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\MyTheme\MenuIcons\hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="TV Recordings">
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "E:\")</evalExpression>
Dirk
Old 08-21-2008, 01:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Look for sagemc_menu.xml in your ...\SageTV directory.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Look for sagemc_menu.xml in your ...\SageTV directory.
Hmm, that kind of works. The menu item now shows up, but none of the videos in the specified directory show up. Here's the XML I added:

Code:
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="F:\Podcasts.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Podcasts">
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "F:\Podcasts")</evalExpression>
I am able to add the directory through a shift-menu command, but then the podcasts show up in both "My Videos" and "Podcasts".

Also, I noticed that when I enter the Podcasts screen, it says "My Videos". Is this expected?

[edit] One last thing, I'd like to disable deleting in "My Videos", but keep it enabled in Podcasts. Is this possible?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

Last edited by benjamintm; 08-23-2008 at 02:23 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

You may need to remove and re-add the import directory before the changes take effect. While I can't confirm that was necessary for me, I started doing that as I was attempting to get this working.

Also, is F:\Podcasts in the import folder list or do you have something else, such as subfolders listed? I believe the two need to match.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Okay, I got it working, though I had to disable the existing "My Videos" option in sagemc.xml and create a new one. There are just two issues left.
  1. The icon I'm specifying for Podcasts isn't showing up in the main menu. Is there a specific format and/or place it needs to be?
  2. Can I specify that one video directory can have delete enabled while the other does not. I watch Podcasts and then delete them. I rarely delete videos from "My Videos".

Lastly, I'm curious. I'd like to have a main "new videos screen" which would aggregate all the podcasts and recorded TV shows along with metadata. Is this currently do-able or is it something I have to code up?

Thanks,
Ben
Old 08-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Actually, the hacker in me has one more question. The shown XML uses what appears to be function calls. Is there documentation on these and others?

Thanks,
Ben
Old 09-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Sage User

Can one menu filter handle 2 different folders

I've created a new menu item to handle my ripped DVDs. However, i keep those DVDs in 2 seperate folders(e:\DVD and f:\DVD). I have the filter working for just one of the folders, but not both. I can't find or figure out the correct syntax to do this. Trial and errors not working very well either.

Can someone help me out?

Code:
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="My DVDs">
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "e:\\DVD","f:\\DVD")</evalExpression>