SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Strange Sage Server Behaviour

Just yesterday, I began having problems with my Sage client and Placeshifter, so I went directly to the Sage Server to see what was going on. Essentially, I can't get beyond the Sage Home screen. It sits at "Updating" and won't go beyond that. Upon startup of the application, it will take several minutes for the Sage TV Core to initialize, and then I get to the Home Screen. I can see that it pings/connects with my encoders. However, it will not go past the "Updating" message.

I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the application, but that doesn't help. I'm using 6.3.10.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Administrator

What is the "Updating" message? Where is that shown? If you mean a customization, then disable all customizations, including the hidden extras, when trying to solve a problem.

Are you using service mode? If so, maybe you need to reconfigure it to log in as a user w/a password after installing the SageTV update.

Is the UI responsive at all? Can you move around the Main Menu or not? If you can, what happens when you select a menu item? If it goes to a sub menu & then right back to the Main Menu, have you recently installed a wireless keyboard or mouse? If so, disconnect them for now.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
What is the "Updating" message? Where is that shown? If you mean a customization, then disable all customizations, including the hidden extras, when trying to solve a problem.

Are you using service mode? If so, maybe you need to reconfigure it to log in as a user w/a password after installing the SageTV update.

Is the UI responsive at all? Can you move around the Main Menu or not? If you can, what happens when you select a menu item? If it goes to a sub menu & then right back to the Main Menu, have you recently installed a wireless keyboard or mouse? If so, disconnect them for now.

- Andy
Andy:
I'm using hidden extras, so I'm betting that's where the "updating" message is coming from and if it would go beyond that, it would show how much disk space I have available and how many recordings are scheduled for the next 48 hours. However, I'm not even getting that far.

I do have the Service configured with a user name and a password. The UI is responsive and I can move around the menu. However, if I select something, it just spins forever and does not go past that. So, at this point, I'm unable to shut off hidden extras because I can't get to the system information screen. My only way out is to "end task" through task manager.

No new devices installed.

What am I missing?

Last edited by Ron; 03-19-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Administrator

You can disable the hidden extras via the enable_extras=false property setting. Since you are using service mode, you would change it in sageclient.properties.

You've double checked that the service is still configured for that use w/a password? It gets reset after a new installation.

There's no active firewall blocking SageTV, is there? Though, if there was, I'm not sure why it would connect & show the menu at all.

You could see if the debug log tells you anything.

Maybe someone else will have an idea, but I'm not thinking of anything else at the moment. You should probably contact support for more help, but don't send a log until/unless they request it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Andy. I've filled out a support request and will await their response. I also created a debug log which indicated "hang detected". I'll send it to support when they ask for it.

Last edited by Ron; 03-19-2008 at 05:23 PM.