SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Sage User

Sage Server sleeping Network Connection

Not sure if this is hardware or software related but here goes. I have sageTV (6.0.18.0) installed on a PC and I have the Video Disk Space bar up to show how much space I have. I have about 60 GB free on the local hardrive and about 230 free on a freenas server. So total around 290GB.

Anyhow that is all fine and dandy when it works but if the Sage Server sits for a while inactive its as if the network connection goes to sleep as the disk Disk space bar reverts to 60GB and the recording on the Freenas server wont play.

I use the web browser to browse the net on the Sage server and a few seconds later the Disk space bar updates and its back to the full 290 GB and the recordings work.

Any ideas? I checked to make sure that the Powersave features for the Network card are turned off an they are. Maybe I need to do some kind of active polling on the Sage side or the Freenas side to keep the connection active?