SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Play AVI file from DVD drive

I am in the middle of one of my first tweaks to SageMC using Studio and have a number of successful changes so far. However, I am new to this and can't get something that seems like it would be simple to work.

The premiss... I have either 1 or 2 (multiple) AVI files on a DVD. I have created a customized "Play Other File" menu item in My Videos that will play a file from the "sagemc/dvd_drive_letter" drive when I select this new menu item. However, I have the file name hardcoded in a string.

I want to be able to....

1. Get a list of files in the root of the DVD drive (I have the drive letter from the property)
2. if there is only 1 file... get the file name and then play it (I have the code already working to play the file once I have a file name)
or
2. if there is more than 1 file then use the browser to list the files (I can get the browser to work but I can't get the file list and count to work)

Help

Ken
Old 04-04-2008, 11:54 AM
SageTVaholic

I guess I just needed a little more patience.... I now have this working
Old 04-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Sage Icon

You might consider adding the drive as an import directory, then it;ll just work like any other source.

You will need to refresh when you change disks though.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the suggestion. My refresh takes too long for this solution to be convenient. With the code change I made, I just import my STVI and I have a new button that just plays the single AVI file that is in the DVD drive, or if there are more, it opens a browser on that drive and lets me pick. I may also play with the "Play DVD" function to do the same thing if the DVD is not a standard DVD... but perhaps that is the next project.

Sure nice to have such a customizable application.