SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Sage User

Favorites recording wrong channel

Running Sage v. 6.3.7.160 with Hauppage 1800, one Comcast analog, one Comcast Clear QAM, and an Athlon X2 with plenty of horsepower...

Several of my favorites don't record on the prescribed channel. The channel lineup seems to work ok for live TV. Same goes for the extender LiveTV. Seems to only have probs with the favorites.

Any guesses or hints? I've searched the heck out of these forums to no avail, and the live tv EPG seems fine so I'm at wits end.

TIA
Old 04-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is the problem that its recording the program on the wrong station. Or is it recording the wrong program on the wrong station? If its recording the right show but wrong channel (it airs on more than one channel), under each favorites setting you can set which channel to use for the favorite.

For example if you put NASCAR in as a favorite it would probably air on many stations depending on the races, if you only wanted ones on ESPN you go into the favorites setting and you can set it to only ESPN.

If its recording the wrong shows all together, sounds like your EPG channel list are numberd wrong or something. (you tune Comedy Central and MTV comes up) Not sure why you can't duplicate this with live tv guide though.

Last edited by jprine01; 04-08-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprine01 View Post

If its recording the wrong shows all together, sounds like your EPG channel list are numberd wrong or something. (you tune Comedy Central and MTV comes up) Not sure why you can't duplicate this with live tv guide though.
Yeah this is exactly the case.

Re-adding sources - I've added the two tuners and got them both to work. However the EPG does not show data for the QAM stations.

Gonna reinstall and see what happens.

Getting close to wanting my $80 back.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you go in and physical remap the channel to what it should be? I don't have that device but I know with QAM you need to remap the channels.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Sage User

When working, the QAM would be automatically assigned the appropriate channel number.

Update - reinstalled whole sage platform last night and it retained settings from previous install. Everything works fine. Will see how the favorites recording goes, however...
Old 04-09-2008, 04:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgar99 View Post
When working, the QAM would be automatically assigned the appropriate channel number.

Update - reinstalled whole sage platform last night and it retained settings from previous install. Everything works fine. Will see how the favorites recording goes, however...
I don't have a Hauppauge 1800...but based on what you are saying is that the QAM channels are automatically populating to the right channels without any manual remapping? I have an HDHomerun and truthfully haven't "redone" my ClearQam tuning, but with my HDHomerun I had to remap all the QAM channels in order for it to tune right....if Sage and the HP 1800 have this figured out that is awesome.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 04-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbeers View Post
I don't have a Hauppauge 1800...but based on what you are saying is that the QAM channels are automatically populating to the right channels without any manual remapping? I have an HDHomerun and truthfully haven't "redone" my ClearQam tuning, but with my HDHomerun I had to remap all the QAM channels in order for it to tune right....if Sage and the HP 1800 have this figured out that is awesome.
Don't get your hopes up just yet. The whole EPG was fine last night and now is kaput again. ComCentral is PBS, ESPN is pub access, and 'no data' for all QAM locals.

BTW, channel scan does not work and has never worked.

This effing software is a train wreck that has cost me literally dozens of hours in the last few weeks. Give me open source where at least forums like these lead to progress on the code side. MythTV here I come?